Most common water leaks (inside cab) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Leak near the dash is probably the front windshield seal. I eliminated my leak there by replacing the windshield seal.

The rear leak can be the outside moulding just under the rear slider windows. They can start to leak where they attach to the body. I haven't had a problem here yet but there are solutions somewhere on this forum.
Did you do the seal yourself or did you have someone install it for you?

I have a leak which I believe I have tracked to the sunroof. I must be the rear drain holes that are plugged as the front ones drain just fine, and as long as I park on an incline with the nose slanted down, I am good.

Unfortunately, with my quick inspection I could not locate the rear drains. The fronts are obvious. Does anyone know where the rears are? It appears they are well out of view, or I am staring right at it and have missed it.

Hi Mtnspeed,

I finally found the third and fourth drains / drain hoses... It's a bit difficult to figure out but I managed to find it through somewhere near the weather strip in the rear passenger side... Got some pics below showing the following:

Picture W shows the location of the drain hoses from inside... by the handle on the 2nd row seat's passenger roofing (encircled in red)

PictureW.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picture X shows where the 3rd drain hose is from inside... as it may not be seen from top covered by the roof...unless maybe the whole sunroof mounting is removed, I guess...??

IMG_0320.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picture Y shows where the drain hose ends.... there behind the jack around the wheel well nga... and is plugged in a hole to drain outside...

IMG_0322.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picture Z shows the bottom view of the end of the hose from behind...

IMG_0326.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I found a cheap solution to my sunroof leak problem... here's the pictures... I just lined the rim of my sunroof with a thick tape (could be a rubber tape with adhesive or foam tape or double-sided tape)... And ever-since, I had no leaks coming from my sunroof anymore.

photostream

photostream

Hope this helps... :)

Sailfish

I had the sunroof leak, but a little lube to the seals and everything was OK. Only happened with snow, not rain.:confused:

not to resuscitate this relic, but I'm going to try this, I've had a slight leak and have tried almost everything.

What type of lube should I use? Silicone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom