Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome Trey to the Highway and back to the USA. Thanks for your service.

Welcome Trey, good looking rig. Enjoy the work/ride/work on it!

This is a really cool idea.

I served '09-'13 in the USMC. Stationed at Miramar with CLC-11, deployed with CLR-15 and was support for 3/5 in sangin Afghanistan '10-'11.

MOS was 1142, utility engineer.

Since getting out I have finished my BBA, and I'm about half way through my MBA. Currently living in San Antonio, want to make the move to CO Springs in the next year or two.

Welcome.

Hi devildogcruiser25, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Hi devildogcruiser25...Welcome aboard Marine and thanks for your service to our great country.

Good Afternoon!

I'm SSgt Andrew Forrest, USAF, 2011-Current.

I've been stationed at JB Langley-Eustis, Va and NAVSTA Rota, Spain (where I currently am).
I'm looking at creating a Local group here in Spain and was wondering if there was a few others down here. I'll be passing on the group to someone who will be here longer, but if you guys know anyone else in Spain lemme know!

Thanks

Dang, I just spent two nights in Rota, I could have at least said hi, I guess I should have checked this thread earlier!

- Kevin

Howdy all. Before I forget it, wish I could get back to Rota. Visited there briefly during my first cruise on the USS John F. Kennedy CV67 on the 86-87 cruise.

Anyway, retired USN 1984-2004 and working in Afghanistan now. Started doing contracting in Nov 2007, first Iraq and then relocated to Afghanistan Nov 2012. Off for a year and then back out in June 2014. Currently on Bagram so if anyone else is here we should hit the cigar social or something. Cheers all and thank you all for your service. Went so fast and now I miss it. Part of the reason why I "enjoy" being back with the military I guess. Out for now.

Welcome to the highway @6806goats. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

X2 on the welcome 6806goats! Looking at a contract in Afghanistan myself flying support. My bride of 49 years is really against it.

Hello gentleman,
Michael B here. I served six glorious years in the Navy of these United States from April 1980-March 1986. During that time I attained the rank of DS3SS. That means I was a third class Data Systems technician qualified in submarines.

I bought my first LC in September of 2013. It was a 76' FJ40 hence my moniker. I had only owned it for a short while when I discovered that Toyota made a Land Cruiser pickup. Yes I discovered the FJ45! Well the rest as they say is history. I have just about completed the frame of resto-mod of my 78' FJ45 and the 40 is now in the hands of another owner.

It's nice to meet all of my brothers and sisters in arms.

IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_1886.JPG

Welcome to the Highway 76FJ40. There’s another submarine guy here, he hasn’t really been active for over a year though.

Welcome Michael B aka 76FJ40. Good group of folks here. Beautiful FJ45.

Greetings 76FJ40, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

It’s been nice to learn more about the veterans on this forum. Thank you for sharing your stories and for serving our country.

My name is JJ Garcia. I served in the USMC from ‘88-‘92.
I was a welder (1316) attached to 3rd tank battalion. I was part of H&S platoon. I spent most of my time in 29palms. My orders to Iwokuni (sp?) were cancelled when Kuwait was invaded.

I was deployed during desert storm/desert shield, supporting task force ripper. Upon separating from the Marine Corp, I used my GI Bill benefits to acquire a computer engineering degree. I worked for Intel Corp for about 10 years. I had two kids, late in life. I was fortunate enough to be a stay at home dad for the past 12 years. Now that my kids are older, I am ready to re-enter the workforce.

It’s been quite an adventure. I recently sought therapy through the VA. It’s taken a few months to enter the system and arrange an appointment. Sometime in January, I should see a therapist :)

I finally decide to join the highway, because reading your stories put some things into perspective for me. I thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Semper Fi

Welcome JJ, we understand each other here. Telling our stories can be rewarding for ourselves and help others at the same time.

Hello JJ Garcia and welcome to the Highway. A good group of people here. Thanks for your service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom