Importing from Canada for salvage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What would be involved to bring vehicles into U.S. From Canada to part out. Or is this unfeasible?

I’m going to guess it depends on whether they are complete or parts. Importing motors is obviously going to face scrutiny. Importing complete vehicles is likely going to be little different from importing a roadworthy vehicle.

I was wondering if you could bring almost complete vehicles over without paying duties. If they were for salvage only. Maybe you would need a salvage license, and or a importer's license, or both. You would still have the expence of transporting them.

You still pay duties on parts. You'll have no problem as long as everything is of legal age.
Thanks. So, if I try to bring over 2 or more at a time, would that raise a flag? I thought a person could only import 1 vehicle in his/her name.

I did not know they really existed.

Believe the Larry Miller Group have a Mega Cruiser in the Land Cruiser museum in Sandy Utah. They may be over twenty-five years so would be legal to import except maybe California being a diesel.

Parts could be done, but if you import a vehicle as parts, it can never be registered legally....even if it's a full running vehicle already. You're better off getting whole running trucks that would be easier to part out than to make look perfect. Then you get the title, which opens more doors.

Makes sense. The reason I reached out in this thread, there was a Craigslist ad with a lot of older Cruiser's for sale in Canada. The ad is long gone. There were about 10 - 40's, 3 - 45's, 3 - 55's, & some 60's. They were all outside in a field. They looked like they had been there for awhile.

Makes sense. The reason I reached out in this thread, there was a Craigslist ad with a lot of older Cruiser's for sale in Canada. The ad is long gone. There were about 10 - 40's, 3 - 45's, 3 - 55's, & some 60's. They were all outside in a field. They looked like they had been there for awhile.
This Craigslist ad is up in Indiana & Ohio now. $1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom