For Sale 1973 Toyota FJ55 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Watch the detailed video of this Toyota FJ55 Land Cruiser:

Asking $18,000 firm. Ran out of money unfortunately, broke college kid.
VIN: FJ5529961
Miles: 100,350
San Diego, CA

IMG_5276.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5343.JPG

IMG_5308.JPG

Work that has been done:
- Engine Rebuilt (A lot of new parts way too much to list)
- Professional prepped primed painted and buffed
- Bed liner applied to the interior floor
- Reupholstered headliner seats and door panels
- New exhaust pipe
- New muffler
- New plugs
- New wires
- After market A/C unit (Not working)
- New fuel tank Non-OEM got a larger plastic tank so it will last forever
- New Spark Plugs
- New Distributor Condenser and Contact Set
- New Oil Filter
- New Fuel Filter
- New Goodyear Workhorse M+S 7.00-15 tires
- New Factory Steel Wheels and Hub caps
- New 10,000 Pound Winch
- Front and rear heaters work
- New OEM badges
- After Steel rear and front bumpers
- New Battery

And more that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Few small things known that should be fixed:

- Temperature and oil gauge does not work
- Fuel gauge isn't accurate
- Rear window works intermittently, hasn't worked in the last week
- Door handle is loose on driver's side
- Small tear in front bench seat
- Front Passenger side door is hard to shut and lock (still shuts and locks though)
- Very small spider crack on driver's side door
- rear view mirror is cracked
- brake pads
- Minor rust
- Small dent front bumper

Last edited:
Nice Piggy. Good price too.
GLWS, shouldn't take long.:pig:

Sweet Vans too.

BUYER BEWARE. This FJ55 was listed on craiglist. I offered the asking price and the "owner" Shane agreed, then siad his Dad was majority "owner" and that Father had final say. Although I agreed to every conditon, he would not sell. Then it showed up on eBay Motors, I made an offer, no response, and the vehicle was removed from listing, Now it shows up here. I have alerted both BBB and El Cajon Police Department because this "pig" stinks of something. Proceed with caution, if at all.

Interesting. I revisited this add expecting it to be sold. Too good to be true?

Interesting. I revisited this add expecting it to be sold. Too good to be true?
Do not listen to that guy, AT ALL! I rejected his offer and he proceeded to say that he will have lawyers take action on me for not going through with the sale. I did not sign a single thing and he had no grounds. I told him multiple times he can come down here and meet me. However, he stated he will have his "agent" come by and receive it. He gave a horribly written sales contract and I did not feel comfortable with proceeding with him. I was told by multiple lawyers to not sell my vehicle to him. Yes, my father and I do share the title. He told me I can sell it to a TRUSTWORHTY buyer. I'm still considering offers. I am still daily driving it and fixing it when I can. I took it down from Craigslist and eBay because I got way too many "sketchy" offers. I thought if I would list it here, only, I wouldn't get any scam offers. I listed this truck at what I believe is a fair price for this "piggy." At the end of the day, I get all say on who I want to sell this too. I'm literally a college student who loves land cruisers and unfortunately ran out of money.

Do not listen to that guy, AT ALL! I rejected his offer and he proceeded to say that he will have lawyers take action on me for not going through with the sale. I did not sign a single thing and he had no grounds. I told him multiple times he can come down here and meet me. However, he stated he will have his "agent" come by and receive it. He gave a horribly written sales contract and I did not feel comfortable with proceeding with him. I was told by multiple lawyers to not sell my vehicle to him. Yes, my father and I do share the title. He told me I can sell it to a TRUSTWORHTY buyer. I'm still considering offers. I am still daily driving it and fixing it when I can. I took it down from Craigslist and eBay because I got way too many "sketchy" offers. I thought if I would list it here, only, I wouldn't get any scam offers. I listed this truck at what I believe is a fair price for this "piggy." At the end of the day, I get all say on who I want to sell this too. I'm literally a college student who loves land cruisers and unfortunately ran out of money.

Thanks for the reply. It really isn't much money you are asking for the truck. Pretty much an "as is, where is" deal in my opinion. Wish my timing was better, it really looks like a lot of Ham for not too much Bacon!

Again, GLWS

Thanks for the reply. It really isn't much money you are asking for the truck. Pretty much an "as is, where is" deal in my opinion. Wish my timing was better, it really looks like a lot of Ham for not too much Bacon!

Again, GLWS
Looking to round out a collection???:)

Don't sell it. Get a loan. I sold my 40 to pay for my last year of college, and I really regret it. I'd much rather be paying off a student loan...

Times two @FishTown - I did the same with my 40 I wish I still had it...

Watch the detailed video of this Toyota FJ55 Land Cruiser:

Asking $18,000 firm. Ran out of money unfortunately, broke college kid.
VIN: FJ5529961
Miles: 100,350
San Diego, CA

View attachment 1576620
View attachment 1576621
View attachment 1576623
View attachment 1576624

Work that has been done:
- Engine Rebuilt (A lot of new parts way too much to list)
- Professional prepped primed painted and buffed
- Bed liner applied to the interior floor
- Reupholstered headliner seats and door panels
- New exhaust pipe
- New muffler
- New plugs
- New wires
- After market A/C unit (Not working)
- New fuel tank Non-OEM got a larger plastic tank so it will last forever
- New Spark Plugs
- New Distributor Condenser and Contact Set
- New Oil Filter
- New Fuel Filter
- New Goodyear Workhorse M+S 7.00-15 tires
- New Factory Steel Wheels and Hub caps
- New 10,000 Pound Winch
- Front and rear heaters work
- New OEM badges
- After Steel rear and front bumpers
- New Battery

And more that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Few small things known that should be fixed:

- Temperature and oil gauge does not work
- Fuel gauge isn't accurate
- Rear window works intermittently, hasn't worked in the last week
- Door handle is loose on driver's side
- Small tear in front bench seat
- Front Passenger side door is hard to shut and lock (still shuts and locks though)
- Very small spider crack on driver's side door
- rear view mirror is cracked
- brake pads
- Minor rust
- Small dent front bumper

Somthing that you own is yours and can always be yours. money is truly worthless, go to an old family friend, or some one you trust or like and ask for a loan.
U may never be able to have another 55 but you can always make more money..

You can drive your new "fj55" for 50 years. I would keep it and sell every thing else.

Somthing that you own is yours and can always be yours. money is truly worthless, go to an old family friend, or some one you trust or like and ask for a loan.

You can drive your new "fj55" for 50 years. I would keep it and sell every thing else.

This can never be truer. Unless you plan to take the money and save or invest it for something bigger and better. (like a house)
If just to sell to pay for school. Keep it and like others said get a loan.
I have a 60 that I adore. My wife hates it wants me to sell it and either get something cooler (??) or get something newer, but I wanted the exact year and color I have. I own it and every part I put on it. I am now keeping it and may sleep on the couch for months.

If you do sell it, make sure it is a Land Cruiser guy, at least you know they will take care of it. If i had the cash I would buy it in a heartbeat.
But I used my spare cash for a house.

Sound advice.

23023726_10155134285733358_1320826830_n.jpg
Trade for a daily driver 1988 LJ71??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom