Builds Canguro Racing's Monica (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good run guys. Can't wait to hear about it.

Great race guys, way to finish strong!!

Am I reading the results correctly? You guys finished second by only 16 minutes????

Great race, gentlemen! :clap:

Wow, what a brutal race. We had some woes but are completely thrilled with a finish. I'll go into further details but our failure was the fromt right unit-hub, complete loss of wheel/tire and studs. That's Racing! :D

And thanks for joining along in the journey everyone!!!

@dmc had this nice summary of the experience

The finish line at the Baja 1000 is a flood of varying emotions. The rush of adrenaline from seeing the checkered flag. The relief knowing that the brutality of Baja is behind you. The tinge of disappointment from missing out first place by a razor thin margin yet again and the joy and jubilation of knowing that you've finished yet another Baja 1000. Two days later, as we're pushing to get home, there is just pride. It's no small thing to safely complete a Baja 1000. Hundreds of man hours, 29 exhausted team members and far more tacos consumed than we care to admit combine for indelible memories and the reason we do all this.

@arb4x4usa @cruiseroutfitters @iH8mud @equipt_expedition_outfitters @fiiz_drinks @nitrogearaxle @landcruisersdirect @toyotabountiful @stateautomotive

IMG_3085.JPG

Way to go guys. Just over half the entrants finished this race. Many teams have commented on how grueling this course was.
Another strong finish is a testament to your teamwork, preparation and wisdom of starting with one of the most reliable off road vehicles ever built.
Way to go. Can't wait to hear about the wheel marks on the side of Monica.

Reminds me of the Kenny Rogers song," you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel";)

Well done gentlemen. As you said Paul, "that's racing" and I can sense the resolve for future events. The camaraderie was priceless I'll bet.

Great race gents! Great write up on your blog as well - sharing here (hope you don't mind!) : CANGURO RACING

need to encase it in a UV protected box just as it is....
AWESOME!

Any pics of the damage from the wheel flying off?

A couple. Total damage was a fender (minor), CV, unit hub, rotor and wheel. Pics from @boxrocket

IMG_3107.JPG
IMG_3108.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom