Slinky Long Travel Suspension Systems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For an 80 series, I've found a guy selling his slinky spec Icon 2.0 shocks but is keeping the coils; can I buy a set of coils?

Personally, I would prefer to have a 2.5" shock under the truck, as that extra half inch in diameter increases the amount of oil capacity increases to 150% of the 2.0. I've got a lot of reservations about a 2.0. If I am able to buy the coils now, but feel the truck is under dampened, could I later buy the 2.5's from the stage 4 kit?

I'll double check this with Kevin but I suspect you will be able to buy components separately. Tell me a bit more about how your truck is set up (bumpers, gear etc). Having had both the 2.0 and now the 2.5 shocks I can tell you what you can expect and suggest which one would be a better choice for your truck.

Going with full armor, winch, 35's, and I'm planning on an Alucab expo 3 RTT (160 lbs) with a draw system, fridge, and 170 lbs worth of dogs in the back. it's going to be heavy

Generally speaking the 2.0 shock is going to work really well for a lighter 80. For example, a mild 80 build with 35's, sliders, a front bumper/winch. That would be a great candidate for the 2.0's and they'd be fantastic. They will still work with a truck set up with more gear but the 2.5's will be better suited for the heavier trucks and handle the loads etc that come with the extra weight.

I had the 2.0's on my 80 for a year with great results. My truck has front and rear bumpers, rear tire swingout, sliders, roofrack with RTT (not fulltime) winch, 35's, often loaded with my family of 6 and all our gear. I was thrilled with the performance of the 2.0 shocks for the most part. I would occasionally bottom out on big bumps when going fast. That was my only criticism of the shock. They were a huge upgrade in performance from the OME Nitrochargers they replaced.

Now that I've had the 2.5's for several months, it's clear that they are a better match for my heavier truck than the 2.0's were. Is the difference worth the increased cost of the Stage4 shocks? IMO, most definitely.

@AutoCraft Aus

I noticed you offer Tundra kits on your AU site. Have you experimented with Tundra arms on a 200 with the Slinky kit yet? What about the 3.0 Icons for the front of a 200?

2007-UP Toyota Tundra 3.0 Series Remote Reservoir CDCV Coilover Kit

The 3.0 Icons need the Tundra arms for clearance on droop of the bigger dia coils and shocks in a 200. It all fits and works in the 200 using Tundra parts, keeping the stock rims but the rear then has a different track to the front.

@AutoCraft Aus are there any plans to re-release the mid grade trims of the kit. There's a big jump between the stage one, with the 2.0 shocks and the stage four with the 2.5 shock with remote reservoir and adjustable dampening.

Also, from reading the multitude of threads, I seem to recall the design is for 6" up travel and 6" down travel. Do you hit that sweet spot at 50mm or 75mm? I am very close to placing an order.

G'Day Enders,

We just had no orders for the middle spec, though we have looked at doing a 2.5 smoothie kit in between now
which would be a great larger bore steel body option.

We like to run 1/3 up and 2/3 down ideally.

Are the 75mm slinky long travel kits available now? If so im ready to order but had a few questions on what extra parts would be needed for a 35" compared to a 37" tire. No flares or mud flaps.

Are the 75mm slinky long travel kits available now? If so im ready to order but had a few questions on what extra parts would be needed for a 35" compared to a 37" tire. No flares or mud flaps.
The kits should be arriving soon. Kevin has been out of town this week but should be back on Monday and I can check status with him.

Do you have caster correction plates or bushings? If not, you'll need that. The Slee caster plates are perfect with the 75mm Slinky kit.

Are you planning to change control arms or panhards? Control arms aren't required but you'll want adjustable panhards.
Everything else in the kit will work for 35's or 37s but you'll need to extend the bumpstop an additional 1" for 37s.

Yea I’m ready to purchase so sounds good. Thanks

Kirk

Any update on availability ? Need to place an order for some coils.

I’m waiting as well. So ready for it

So my question was going to be about availability of separate components since I don't need a kit as my truck was on 4" springs and 2" spacers when I bought it. I removed the spacers but now at full droop I have spring retention issues. Since I have all the spacers and pa hard, castor correction I just need springs and shocks. Trying to decide if I should upgrade or not. Looking for a quote on the 75mm slinky kit. My truck is an HDJ80 which is getting bumpers and winch soon.

All easily possible, and I believe Kevin is adding the components to the website at the moment.

Out of curiosity, do you know the feee height of the 50mm slinky Coils? Also, are the 50mm coil rates the same as the 75mm?

Out of curiosity, do you know the feee height of the 50mm slinky Coils? Also, are the 50mm coil rates the same as the 75mm?
Different rates between the intermediate and heavy duty coils but heavy 75mm will be the same rate as heavy 50mm. I'll see if I can find free height. I don't know what it is off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom