95 disco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a Toyota guy and have been for a while, and I have no idea about these trucks. I had a guy talk to me the other day with a 95 disco wanting to sell it. The truck looks very sound and no rust it has 180,000 on it and says every thing is stock no rebuilds on any thing, it appears to have an after market front bumper that looks like an ARB but no ARB badging it has some camel trophy stickers on the front and rear bumpers, but other than that I have no info on it. He wants $2000 for it what do you guys think? What are some things I should look at?

23283463_1706995922675695_393671196_n.jpg

23232068_1706995902675697_1499009095_n.jpg

He was overpriced by $1k. But in the Land Rover world, Discovery 1s were under appreciated until recently and are starting to climb in value, if only slghtly. They share the same frame, axles, & some mechanicals of the Defender & Range Rover Classic and are considered by some enthusiasts to be the best Discovery for wheeling. And although it has some quirks, it doesn’t share the same electrical gremlins of later Rovers.
Below are my recently totaled RRC & the Disco 1 that was going to give up it’s fresh drivetrain (4.6L V-8, LT230 tc)
06BB3628-4A45-4879-ADF1-E20181AFCB6B.jpeg

the engines had an issue with the coolant jackets corroding to the cylinder liners and the liners would come loose, that's why a buddy of mine had to get rid of his disco. it was a nice truck and it was mildly built but off to the chop shop it went when it was either used engine or rebuild.

and since I have a land cruiser I'm still driving around in my truck

I always liked the looks of these but when a fella that has driven one as long as I can remember told me to avoid it I thought I should. he said they are like a kid that never leaves the house and you have to feed and take care of it like a baby the whole time you own it, he said he has an emotional attachment to his is the only reason he still has it.

Incidentally, after deciding to keep the Discovery for the Mrs., it promptly left her stranded at the grocery store. It needs an alternator now. In addition to the ABS pump, and who-knows whatever else. I'll let the next owner sort it out. Super fun to drive, but DAMN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom