Do new OEM FZJ80 front bumpers/end caps come prepainted? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about to purchase a new Genuine Toyota front bumper bar and end caps for a '95. I'm getting conflicting information regarding whether or not they come pre-painted to match the original factory metallic gray finish.

Has anyone ordered these from Toyota and able to confirm if they are painted or not?

Thanks!

Back in the day they came Finish-painted. Current end caps are not not finish-painted. I do not know if the current impact bars are finish-painted.

The OEM bumper is an expensive option that provides little or no protection. I would spend the money instead on a good low profile bumper like the Slee-Offroad Shortbus
Slee - Toyota 80 Series Land Cruiser Front Bumpers
sbb_1_250.jpg

Back in the day they came Finish-painted. Current end caps are not not finish-painted. I do not know if the current impact bars are finish-painted.

Thank you, good info. From what I'm seeing, my feeling is the impact bars still come finish-painted.

In regards to the end caps, any idea how long ago they stopped being finish-painted? Vendors such as cruiserparts.net still advertise them as being painted, but they may not have updated their product pages since the change.

I ordered an oem left front bumper end cap last year. It was grey plastic. Same color as the bumper. I didn’t need to paint it. Mine is a 1993.

I had the same question a few months back.

Was not able to confirm the 95-97 bumper end caps come painted.

Factory bumper end caps

Held off ordering and now my plan is to order rattle cans with the exact color from Napa Paint and make a diy weekend out of it. They wont be perfect, but much better and if i bump into anything I just pull and respray.

For anyone still interested: I ended up ordering new Genuine Toyota front bumper bar and end caps for a '95 from McGeorge Toyota. As of late 2017 they were finish painted requiring no additional work.

They looked exactly like the originals I replaced, metallic flake and all.

I know this was 4 years ago, but I wonder if this still the case. I've been considering the same and the local stealership cannot confirm or deny that any are painted. Not interested in the 35% restocking fee if they are unpainted. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom