Dumb question, H55h fluids?????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What fluid should be in there?
80/90?
Transmission Fluid?

Just purchased the hose from shipmag to equalize fluids between Tranny and Tcase.

The 4x4 selector rode oil seal and boot need replacing but won't get to that until we return from Yosemite this weekend.

Just need to ensure levels are maintained during trip.
20171023_162251.jpg

Thank. You

I can't speak to the H55 specifically. But doing a ton of research for my Tacoma and FJ Cruiser - Toyota wants GL4 in the transmissions because some of the additives in GL5 can be hard on the brass and bronze in the transmission. GL4 might be hard to find in the auto part store. I bought RedLine MTL GL4 from Amazon and it really improved shift quality over the Mobil1 I had been using.

Mobil no longer recommends using their 75w-90 synthetic gear in transmissions. It's too damn slippery. Synchronizer cones can grip.

I found that Mobil 75w-90 in my '98 4Runner was not good. I drained all but about a pint, and replaced it with non-synthetic and it shifted considerably better. With full synthetic, it was clashing on shifts.

I can't speak to the H55 specifically. But doing a ton of research for my Tacoma and FJ Cruiser - Toyota wants GL4 in the transmissions because some of the additives in GL5 can be hard on the brass and bronze in the transmission. GL4 might be hard to find in the auto part store. I bought RedLine MTL GL4 from Amazon and it really improved shift quality over the Mobil1 I had been using.
What about AMSOIL?

Great, after we get from Yosemite and replace the oil seal and boot, I'll take your input and run with some new Tranny and gear oil.

I use the cheapest gear oil I can find...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom