Cargo anchor points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've come to the portion in my trailer build to start thinking about how I want to secure my cargo from being bounced around. I have a few options in mind but I'd like to know what works and what doesn't work for you? Thanks for chiming in!

The M101 CDN has a neat set of tiedowns that are embedded in the bedsides. They have a circular mounting plate that is dimpled out so that the tiedown won't snag cargo when t's retracted. The tiedown loop flips open to use. Hope you can see them in this shot. Have no idea about availability as a part, but the general idea could be put to use without too much trouble I'd think.

Rubbermat.jpg

The M101CDN tiedowns are great. I just looked in my manual and the part number isn't listed. Probably because they are welded to the tub.
I was unable to find them when I wanted tiedowns in my 40 so I used these
Mac's Recessed 360 Degree Swivel D-Rings 330003
I thought they looked similar to the M1101 M1102 trailer tiedowns but I'm not sure as it was based on web pictures.

I was leaning towards this or the "E Track." I like the ability to move them anywhere on the track and the various optional mounting anchors.

The M101 CDN has a neat set of tiedowns that are embedded in the bedsides. They have a circular mounting plate that is dimpled out so that the tiedown won't snag cargo when t's retracted. The tiedown loop flips open to use. Hope you can see them in this shot. Have no idea about availability as a part, but the general idea could be put to use without too much trouble I'd think.

View attachment 1556724

The M101CDN tiedowns are great. I just looked in my manual and the part number isn't listed. Probably because they are welded to the tub.
I was unable to find them when I wanted tiedowns in my 40 so I used these
Mac's Recessed 360 Degree Swivel D-Rings 330003
I thought they looked similar to the M1101 M1102 trailer tiedowns but I'm not sure as it was based on web pictures.

Here's some civilian models....recessed trailer tie downs | eBay

I appreciate all of the input guys. Definitely things to consider!

My experience is that no matter where I put single point anchors sooner or later they'll be in exactly the wrong place. I like L-track at the outer longitudinal edges of the floor as well as along the top of the gunnels.

A friend holds the bed shell on his pick-up using the shell mfg's provided clamps bolted to the female threaded L-Track anchors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom