Why No Bumper on FJ45 Pick-up ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
marcstpierrephotography.com
Hello :

Someone recently asked me why some FJ45 pick-ups came with / have a (formed) rear bumper; and yet, others did not / do not. ...

Case In Point :
(With No bumper)
74j4.jpg

(With bumper)
msp_MarcStPierre-Copyright2017_FJ45_17-10108sm.jpg

Anyone here have a good answer I can give to the guy ?

Thanks !!
~Skydogger

Last edited:
No bumper was ever offered. Some markets got bumperettes for the pickup but not the US. Everything thing you see is aftermarket. The second picture is not a stock bed. In the US was common for a Bumper to be a option on all truck brands and many were came without a bumper.

Second bed is a Bandeirante bed

Conferr was a popular bumper to add
Thank you, Johnny !! ... Follow-up QUESTION : He had on display TWO FJ-45's that each had an extended cab; as in, four doors plus the pick-up truck bed. Both were in flawless, pristine condition (seemingly to me from South America, and perhaps brought into the U.S. via somewhere in South Florida). One vehicle was freshly painted dune beige & the other was freshly painted Nebula Green. The vehicles, apparently some 30 of them, and each rebuilt/remade to showroom appearance, are owned by a Toyota car dealership owner in South Georgia. The salesman, who knew most about the vehicles (and asked me about the bumpers), said the extended cab FJ-45's, that belong to the dealership owner, are extremely rare, were Toyota factory extended cabs, and were made by Toyota for the military - - what military, he had no clue.

My initial take was the extended cab FJ-45's were extended during some sort of rebuild process. But I'm of course not at all one to know; and therefore, took his word on this.

You being the guru, what is your take ?

Thanks !!
~Marc

Most likely oj55's bandeirantes ... they were 4 doors... Jonathan WArd had a few imported... and there has been several more over the last 5 years

Rare is the 4 door 45 pu ... and only seen them in just a few pics... not an assembly line vehicle ... Gifu built afaik I had seen one in a pic from Pakistan that was military at one time

Most likely like I said it's probably a bandeirante ... those were made/modified for military use ... used in South America and UN world wide for many years

Look up Xingu toyotas by bernardine they Were the largest military modder

Most likely oj55's bandeirantes ... they were 4 doors... Jonathan WArd had a few imported... and there has been several more over the last 5 years

Rare is the 4 door 45 pu ... and only seen them in just a few pics... not an assembly line vehicle ... Gifu built afaik I had seen one in a pic from Pakistan that was military at one time

Most likely like I said it's probably a bandeirante ... those were made/modified for military use ... used in South America and UN world wide for many years

Look up Xingu toyotas by bernardine they Were the largest military modder
Thank you, Johnny. I both appreciate & respect your words.
~Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom