Unobtainium (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep - not exactly clear as to why it's there - dust sheilding to keep stuff from getting in the booster? I guess to be clear I was thinking a whole replacement boot assembly could be valuable. There have been several posts over the years about replacing that.
The issue here is that my booster is a replacement part as opposed to a reproduction part. It's unlikely the assembly is interchangeable.

Last edited:
According to the parts catalog they where used on 40 series troopies bj45 hj47 fj45 1980-1984(1985).
The trim has partnumber 63393-90801.
The pins, you need 7, are partnumber 90467-07027.

View attachment 1558196

Do you know if that part number for the pin is still good? Checked my local dealer's website and they show that not being good number which didn't surprise me. I have the two garnish pieces but believe one chipped but thought it was better than nothing. On the troopy it ends at the B pillar. Thought I might make trim strip run all the way to the A pillar on a FJ40. It's long enough.

Look up late 60's dodge/chevy brake booster boots... they are the accordion style boots ... most likely will fit

Something like this?

Power Brake Pushrod Boot-Classic Chevy Truck Parts

That does look pretty promising... maybe I'll give it a shot and report back.

All,

I just wanted to follow up as I ordered the 67-72 brake booster boot mentioned above to give it a shot. Not an exact match, but I think it will work!

Here is the new Chevy boot (right) verse old ripped Toyota boot (left)

image.jpeg

The little "filter element" from the Toyota boot fits perfectly in the Chevy boot:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The boot fitment on the booster is a bit loose at the base, but not so much that it pulls off or migrates by actuating the pushrod by hand.

image.jpeg

I'm going to run it for a while. I'll report back if I run into issues.

Good thinking, as usual, @JohnnyC!

All of the pieces needed to completely re-weatherstrip the LX / Troopy sliding windows have been developed for both sides. The above is a prototype at this stage that still require testing and then production. I don't have pricing at this point but it will certainly be lower than what it originally cost.

Reproducing the sliding window weatherstrips has been by far the most challenging weatherstripping project to date. It's been taking place in the background for nearly a year. Part of the challenge is that the originals have pretty much all crumbled. I pieced together the sample pieces like dinosaur bones in a museum:

RH Run.JPG

LH Run.JPG

All of the pieces needed to completely re-weatherstrip the LX / Troopy sliding windows have been developed for both sides. The above is a prototype at this stage that still require testing and then production. I don't have pricing at this point but it will certainly be lower than what it originally cost.

Reproducing the sliding window weatherstrips has been by far the most challenging weatherstripping project to date. It's been taking place in the background for nearly a year. Part of the challenge is that the originals have pretty much all crumbled. I pieced together the sample pieces like dinosaur bones in a museum:

View attachment 1567540

View attachment 1567541

I have a set in the attic I've always wanted to restore. I had the frames blasted and powdercoated but got stuck on the lack of weatherstripping. Let me know if you need a beta tester.

I have a set in the attic I've always wanted to restore. I had the frames blasted and powdercoated but got stuck on the lack of weatherstripping. Let me know if you need a beta tester.
Thanks for your kind offer. Since I got the samples from @koxfarm, I'll be working with him to get his windows back together for his build.

Weatherstripping only:

IMO, please consider full assemblies, or make the locking hardware and lay the ground work with a glass shop to specif the type size and specs of the necessary glass for others to buy directly. The slider weatherstripping market is limited by who has the glass itself (read: not many people in the States). I guarantee more people want those windows than have them. If the turnkey kits were available, you'd likely sell 10x the number of seals, at a better markup when you factor in the hardware/glass/seal combo. At that point, you'd be competing against the price of NLA overseas unicorns, not just rubber.

IMO, please consider full assemblies, or make the locking hardware and lay the ground work with a glass shop to specif the type size and specs of the necessary glass for others to buy directly. The slider weatherstripping market is limited by who has the glass itself (read: not many people in the States). I guarantee more people want those windows than have them. If the turnkey kits were available, you'd likely sell 10x the number of seals, at a better markup when you factor in the hardware/glass/seal combo. At that point, you'd be competing against the price of NLA overseas unicorns, not just rubber.
You realize Spector sells sliding window assemblies right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom