YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello, the key in Europe appears to have the same dimensions as the Lexus key in the States. Both the Toyota and Lexus keys fit well from the US. The keys that flare out at the base (US Lexus and Euro Toyota) will have a very snug press fit. I expect the European market keys to work just the same as the US Lexus key. If a revised version is required I would provide that at no charge, but I expect every key blade to fit well as is. I got dimensions from a Norwegian member and I expect it to fit firmly, but without problem.

Two button parts will be ordered up today unless somebody replies with a serious objection to the design above. I'll post it up on the site soon!

Black right now is in stock and ready. I actually have most everything in stock right now, so lead times will be better than 2 weeks for most items. If timing is crucial for you, we can confirm exact dates as needed, but I don't want to make any sweeping promises I can't keep for everyone. :)

Some "Premium" color options are coming soon. As a token of appreciation for everyone that's been supportive in these first couple of months, everyone who places an order before those new options are launched will be extended a discount on the newly released plastic options.

Happy Friday everyone!

Great, just placed my order!!

Hi Suprarx7nut

If you feel that an european HDJ100 key blade could make your great work a little easyer , I can send you mine from my broken key . As it is , it is useless and with you , it may help a little :) !

Hi Suprarx7nut

If you feel that an european HDJ100 key blade could make your great work a little easyer , I can send you mine from my broken key . As it is , it is useless and with you , it may help a little :) !

Thank you, but I've got a shipment going to the Netherlands right now. I think they'll be able to provide feedback if it doesn't fit. Again though, I am confident it will fit nicely, as the Lexus blades have from the US. :) If we hit a snag anywhere I'll take you up on your offer, but for now I'm confident we're in good shape! :)

Keyring side:

I started out two years ago thinking the exact same thing. I thought the keyring should be on the left side (if the key points away from you) to accommodate holding it in the right hand. However, that makes the lock/unlock finger movement forward and backward. It's actually quite awkward. If the keying is on the right side, moving from unlock to lock is side to side and much more comfortable and natural.

That's my take on it and is why I moved it to the right side in my initial launch of the original fob.

Anyone else have input? At this point, moving it would be a big pain (lots of CAD rework), so hopefully everyone agrees, haha.

Also: yes, the sharp corners will be rounded in the actual printed part. It looks very crisp on the zoomed in CAD file, but in reality they'll be pretty smooth.
I was actually thinking this the other day and was going to ask if you would ever have the key ring on the other side. For some bizarre reason I always like putting the key in the ignition with my thumb o the buttons. I can still do that, just the keys fall over it. Not a big deal at all just thought I’d say! I love my new key!

This is a hot seller.
Great to see a great product selling well.
My purple one is popular.

How about 2-button version that covers the useless Panic button? If the part has to get a little thicker in that area, that's acceptable.

If there's demand I'll make it! I'd probably break even on development costs with 5 or more orders so if there are that many or more that would want to cover the panic button I'll make one. It'd be slightly raised over the button.

Hey, I placed on order for the 100 series titanium keyfob on Oct. 16th. and I haven't received any type of order confirmation, and I just wanted to check in and see what the normal process for orders is. Thanks!

Hey, I placed on order for the 100 series titanium keyfob on Oct. 16th. and I haven't received any type of order confirmation, and I just wanted to check in and see what the normal process for orders is. Thanks!

Hey, just replied via email as well with tracking. Yours should have been delivered today.

There was an email with tracking sent out a few days ago, but I suspect it went to a spam folder or something. The automated paypal messages look pretty generic, I think, so folks don't always see them or make the connection to the YotaMD order.

Aside from a few folks waiting on special plastics, or red I should be able to get all orders out tomorrow. Watch for Paypal tracking emails coming soon if you ordered in the last week or so!

Quality product, in the true sense of the word. Smooth PayPal transaction, timely shipping, and updates. Now my wife wants hers replaced in purple - order complete.

IMG_7179.JPG

In case this helps anyone in the future, on around May 2017 I bought a spare new key from Toyota USA for my 2001 LX. It was made exactly like my original key from 2001. They both were the t-style keys so no little pins were necessary.

I can also confirm that both of them work very well with the YotaMD key shell. So now I have two keys that should never break!

Quality product, in the true sense of the word. Smooth PayPal transaction, timely shipping, and updates. Now my wife wants hers replaced in purple - order complete.

View attachment 1560885
I wonder if you're the first to purchase the purple shell...? Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen any customer pics of that color. Looking forward to seeing it!

Just got my blue one.... shipped quick, went together perfect, very nice fit and finish!!!! Highly recommended!! Another pleased customer!!!

View attachment 1560885

Looking good. Thank you for the kind words and thanks for your support!!!

That pic reminds me:

All major components are sourced in the US and Canada.
-Titanium sheet comes from California, New York or Canada
-Plastics are made in New York
-Titanium is cut locally, in beautiful Boulder, CO
-Pins, screws and nuts are sourced from domestic industrial suppliers

I tried going through some Asian suppliers for some hardware in the early stages to save on hardware costs. I ended up with a bunch of non-standard wrench size screws and extra-rounded nuts. I never used those parts and just reordered through my expensive vendors. I've since switched to all domestically sourced hardware bought in bulk by the thousands. It's now cheaper AND the parts are top notch quality.

Anyways long story short: Made in the USA with USA components* .... except sometimes Canadian titanium. ;)

I wonder if you're the first to purchase the purple shell...? Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen any customer pics of that color. Looking forward to seeing it!

I've sold a few now and posted a pic myself. My pic came out with more magenta than real life though, so I won't repost it. I think there's a pic in this thread a few pages back from a customer.

Just got my blue one.... shipped quick, went together perfect, very nice fit and finish!!!! Highly recommended!! Another pleased customer!!!

Thank you very much!

The Norwegian national LC forum has rounded up a few owners ready to order when the 2-button product is ready.

I have the product all ready and parts on their way to me shortly. I even posted the page up briefly yesterday, but have since removed it.

I'm trying to determine the best way to handle shipping. Right now I've got one order for the Netherlands that was sent out weeks ago and hasn't been delivered. I used basic USPS shipping which has worked well to Canada, but it hasn't been successful thus far with the Netherlands. I fear it would be similar with Norway. It's a $25+ price jump (up to $35-45 total) in shipping for me to get reliably tracked, international shipments - at least from what I'm seeing with USPS and FedEx.

Any suggestions for reliable/insured international shipments? You guys already have ridiculous import tax laws, I feel bad if I need to charge $40 in shipping on top of that... :(

I have received shipments with the USPS, which has always reached me, but always late. Takes 2-4 weeks, never less. In fact, it is always faster from HK & China than from the US, and much cheaper. Don't know of a better method tho', other than you moving to the far east :)

Sounds like you need a dealer/distributor in Europe-

I have received shipments with the USPS, which has always reached me, but always late. Takes 2-4 weeks, never less. In fact, it is always faster from HK & China than from the US, and much cheaper. Don't know of a better method tho', other than you moving to the far east :)

For my work, I have to buy a lot of repair parts from Germany, a few from other parts of Europe and Japan. It takes twice as long to get them shipped to the USA and shipping costs at least 3 times as much.

I have just assumed it is the Chinese government subsidizing their shipping industry.

Ah, well maybe it's just a little slow. I hope that's the case!

Sounds like you need a dealer/distributor in Europe-

Very much agreed. If anyone's interested, let me know!

For my work, I have to buy a lot of repair parts from Germany, a few from other parts of Europe and Japan. It takes twice as long to get them shipped to the USA and shipping costs at least 3 times as much.

I have just assumed it is the Chinese government subsidizing their shipping industry.

I thought the US was the one subsidizing a lot of that, actually. Perhaps it's a bit of both? It's ridiculous I can get small parts shipped from China faster and cheaper than many items travel across the US. Somewhere, somebody is subsidizing something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom