Wanted 45 swb rear bucket tail lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmcinnis

Supporting Vendor
Threads
U..N..I..C..O..R..N!
Long shot, just as the title states.
Thanks, Mike

the ones attached to the bumper? or the ones that mount in the back of the bed?

Back of the bed!

I used to have one complete unit and looked for a couple years for another one with no luck. I ended up selling it and making someone really happy!!

I used to have one complete unit and looked for a couple years for another one with no luck. I ended up selling it and making someone really happy!!
I bet they were stoked. Its not looking good!

I put what i think are 65-73 40 lights in. They fit perfect. What am i missing?

Ok, yeah i was thinking about that. Can you send pics to my cell 9545927748

The 65-73 lights are correct but I believe mike is looking for the housing/ buckets that those lights fit into and are unique to the 64-65 SWBs?

my45_3.JPG

I put what i think are 65-73 40 lights in. They fit perfect. What am i missing?

The 65-73 lights are correct but I believe mike is looking for the housing/ buckets that those lights fit into and are unique to the 64-65 SWBs?

I assume when you say 65 to 73 lights your talking FJ40s since the SWB truck wasn't made that late. Correct range would be something in late 63 to early in the 69 model. Earlier were smaller and later were larger.

I wasn't trying to debate the specific year range of what tail lights fit rather I was just trying to help Mike as he needs the buckets/ housings that hold the tail lights. The lights themselves are still available through Toyota last time I checked.

that's my bad. i read the title literally, instead of taillight buckets.
these are the parts he needs and yes, 1965 is the same size as the fj40 and the earlier 45s are the small size (earlier 40 or bib size)
20171022_175609.jpg
20171022_175614.jpg

Just trying to be helpful. Since Toyota parts system only go back to 3/69 your average parts person would get you the only one in their system if you said it's the same 65 thru 73. Those are too large for earlier cruisers, SWB 45s or 40s. Those of us who owned early Land Cruisers have learned to search our own parts numbers. Parts that I know are the same as a 3/69 FJ40 I just say it was made in that month. Which the usual thing I hear them say "oh you have one of the first FJ40s made".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom