rth supercharger install questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
I am installing a supercharger and came up with a couple questions. First off on the supercharger itself near the back of the unit but before the throttle body, there are a few hose connections. I am confused on where these go to. Does the one on the passenger side angle fitting go to? Seems like this would be some sort of vacuum line. The other port that is to the driver side from that port (to the right as you are looking at the engine, goes to the brake for vacuum. I assume that the coolant line where the throttle body used to be is just extended to the same point where the throttle body sits now.

Second, I was unable to salvage the plug that fills the hole that used to be the brake vacuum point on the intake plenum. It appears to be close to M10x1.0, but it is not exactly right. Anyone know what size this is or where to get a plug?

You can find the manual on my S/C page on my website (sig below). Also pictures and writeup of a few installs I did. The manual should provide you most/all of the details.

Yes, you extend the coolant line. See the manual...

cheers,
george.

Thanks George, actually I have a manual, and I've read that your thread several times. The diagram out of the house this just doesn't make sense to me. Guess I've been sniffing too many fumes. So the only hose that I need help with is that one on the left of the supercharger before the throttlebody.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1433771260.303131.jpg

Which hose on the attached picture?

cheers,
george.

sc.gif

ScreenShot012.gif

This one. Is the "orange filter" something on stock vehicle or a supercharger part?

Attachments

• sc hoses.pdf
    50.8 KB · Views: 97
also, any idea on that plug?

Have you actually really read my writeup (or just looked at the pretty pictures)? Maybe do it again :) j/k

"The following picture shows a critical step that is poorly documented (IMHO) in the TRD instructions. TRD says to connect a vacuum hose to an orange filter just under the intake manifold (not visible in the following picture). Actually what they mean is to connect the hose to the yellow tee."... straight cut/paste from my writeup.

The plug you need to cap the intake manifold is specified in the picture I attached above... 1/8" BSP is what the manual states.

cheers,
george.

Thanks! Points to you! The pictures are pretty too. Now that you say that, I recall reading that.

Guess I need to dig in there again to find that tee. Engine has fresh rebuild, and I could not find any loose line in that area.

This is the specific picture from my s/c install writeup:

tee.jpg

cheers,
george.

I'm at this point with the shop I'm working with. They're confused, and even after reading the above I'm still a bit in the weeds.

Helpful hint: do NOT try to stretch/jerk/pull on any wiring that does not seem quite long enuff to reach its intended destination. The P O of my rig did that. It cost me over 6 months of chasing fantom symptoms. They would come and go. My wiring harness has always been well insulated and tied back, but the combination of EGR heat and stress from being pulled way too tight literally caused Anxiety Attacks in my harness up by the bend next to the heater valve. I had 2 damaged wires for the Idle Control Valve harness and 1 for injector #1. All is well now, thanks to Tools' talent and tenacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom