You know you're a 60 owner if........" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:worms:

The grab bar on your FJ62 becomes a 'towel rack' for drying the tube sock that you stuff in the corner of your leaky windshield when it rains....

20171003_075357.jpg

The anti theft device I use is the actual key to get in the doors. If it doesn't work one way, flip it over and presto-the door unlocks.

I needed the laugh of this thread. Thank you guys and gals!!!!

...your daughters are playing after the rain, making boats, and say “look at our boat Dad!”. And you look and say “where did you find that screw? I know EXACTLY where it goes on the Cruiser...cool boat!”
This is almost real time too...sigh.

70BE8E6B-B1AC-4818-ADDB-86A3861030FD.jpeg

1C8F8714-DC6A-43D1-A0A4-4DCC83E1F0DC.jpeg

When you get in your wife’s TDI @ 90hp/Auto and think... “I could get in trouble with this”

If you have ever walked into a really big wine store and look for a bottle of wine with a TLC on the label. I did this tonight - no joy.

When you look out at the beginning of a long, wet Oregon winter and your happy your truck is now sitting in the dry under an $8k carport you built last spring.....just for that purpose.

The anti theft device I use is the actual key to get in the doors. If it doesn't work one way, flip it over and presto-the door unlocks.
I thought I was the only one who had to do this, at least on my '84 FJ60. Not only does the key have to be inserted in the proper orientation, I have to apply a little downward pressure while turning the key to unlock.

I have to apply a little downward pressure while turning the key to unlock.

I showed that to a new '62 owner the other day, and he thought that was so cool (that I knew this trick). More theft-proofing for 60 series, I guess. Having a new key cut for the lock helps this considerably!

Funny, I do the exact opposite. The long, wet Oregon winter means it’s time to put the BMW away and DD my 60.
I have a fairly new diesel Jetta wagon....sits in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom