Which pads for the Brembo rotors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've had good luck with Akebono ceramic pads on my vehicles (not a GX yet). Assuming that the rotors are new, or you have had ceramic pads on before, you'll be good. If not, when changing compound types (metal to ceramic, etc) best to at least have the rotors machined for a clean finish to get rid of deposits from prior pads.

Last edited:
I run akebono and they are really good. I put them on fresh rotors.

There are also some new pads and rotors coming on the market in the next month or so if you can wait. I am testing them for them.

I put Hawk LTS pads on new Brembo rotors and a few hundred miles in and absolutely no squeaks or sounds. Good stopping power too.

Where's the best place to purchase the Akebono pads? My stock GX will need new front pads in the next 5-10k.
Thanks

Cheapest place I've found is a seller on eBay called trueblueparts. I've ordered two complete sets from them and have been happy. They (True Blue Parts) also sell on Amazon.

I am installing Akebonos on all four corners shortly, they were great on my LR2.

There are also some new pads and rotors coming on the market in the next month or so if you can wait. I am testing them for them.

Man you are testing all kinds of parts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom