BFG KO2 285/75r17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Taco2Cruiser

Crazy American Off Road
Threads
Gentlemen, the unicorn showed up. In my constant search of anything off-road related, I found that BFG added 285/75r17 to the KO2 line up.

Part number 74713

Going to be a solid tire for the 200, and with BFG always being just a bit smaller than other brands, could give that bit extra of space needed to not rub the KDSS. Time will tell.

Gentlemen, the unicorn showed up. In my constant search of anything off-road related, I found that BFG added 285/75r17 to the KO2 line up.

Part number 74713

Going to be a solid tire for the 200, and with BFG always being just a bit smaller than other brands, could give that bit extra of space needed to not rub the KDSS. Time will tell.

I guess they got tired of losing all that business to nitto.

I guess they got tired of losing all that business to nitto.

It's not just Nitto. There are tons of A/T options in 285/75R17. It's also the main reason I didn't go with 285/70R18 instead - there are only a couple M/T options and maybe one A/T option.

I like my Ridge Grapplers but I wish this KO2 option had been there 6 months ago

Bout time! Wish they'd been around a year ago. Next tire for sure.

Thanks for the heads up. May try these, since the 315/70/17s the PO out on mine rub a lot more than I'd like. And I don't think I'll miss the extra height. Problem is they have too much tread remaining!

Part number 74713

Where can we see it? It's not listed on their main website yet...

Edit:
Found it here:

BFGoodrich | ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 tires

Last edited:
All this tire talk has got me thinking of dropping a tire size sooner than later so I can get some scratch for my 35s while there's still plenty of tread. The new KO2 size looks good but I'm eyeballing the Cooper ST Maxx in the same size (285/75/17). I had them on my Tundra in 35in form and they performed just as well as the KO2s.

These will likely be my next tire buy, either in the KO2 flavor or ideally the KM3

All this tire talk has got me thinking of dropping a tire size sooner than later so I can get some scratch for my 35s while there's still plenty of tread. The new KO2 size looks good but I'm eyeballing the Cooper ST Maxx in the same size (285/75/17). I had them on my Tundra in 35in form and they performed just as well as the KO2s.

If I were to choose a tire right now, I think it might be ST MAXX. ST MAXX. Or...better yet...keep these Ridge Grapplers on, and add a second full set of muds to swap just for serious stuff. RG's are great all around, but a set of larger voids would be a nice option.

It's also on BFGoodrich main site with 500+ reviews already!!! how long has this been out?
Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 | BFGoodrich Tires

Does anyone know if they will be quieter than Toyos? I have Toyos on and they hum a lot on highway driving.

That link is to the long-existing KM2... (Mud tire), so I think that's why so many reviews.

The missing tire size was always the all terrain KO2 (All-Terrain)...
Very different shoe. Amazing it took them this long!

What's also interesting is that just a short time ago, it was reported that a BFG rep told a mud member that it will never happen due to larger market factors. I guess that rep wasn't in the know... :) Yay!

Last edited:
That link is to the long-existing KM2... (Mud tire), so I think that's why so many reviews.

The missing tire size was always the all terrain KO2 (All-Terrain)...
Very different shoe. Amazing it took them this long!

What's also interesting is that just a short time ago, it was reported that a BFG rep told a mud member that it will never happen due to larger market factors. I guess that rep wasn't in the know... :) Yay!

That was me talking to the head of marketing for BFG AT at Expedition Expo East... nice guy, not in the know or for some reason didn't want to tell me. I did get a big line of BS it appears. A simple "I can't talk about it" would have been a fine answer too. I just know that I'll be getting a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom