Can't Shift My FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,
Last week I was driving my cruiser down my road.
When I pressed my foot on the clutch I noticed nothing happened. It was impossible to change gears or even get into gear. I looked around under the vehicle and on the passenger side near the engine it appears there is fluid leaking out. Would this be the clutch slave? Anyone else had this challenge?
Any input would be appreciated.

If it will shift when off and not while running probably your hydraulic clutch system. If you have fluid by the slave cylinder that or the hose are the most likely items leaking.

Hey All,
Last week I was driving my cruiser down my road.
When I pressed my foot on the clutch I noticed nothing happened. It was impossible to change gears or even get into gear. I looked around under the vehicle and on the passenger side near the engine it appears there is fluid leaking out. Would this be the clutch slave? Anyone else had this challenge?
Any input would be appreciated.

As living in the past said that would be the first place I would check. You can go ahead and bleed the slave cylinder and see if it holds pressure. If it doesn’t then find where the leak is exactly and go from there. Most probably it is an old dry rotted hose that needs to be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom