Builds Stiflers Hzj75rv Mild build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got away with a lot less adding a turbo to the 1HZ in my FJ62. The Garrett 2960RS was around 1k (new) and probably another 500 for exh manifold adapter, plumbing, gauges and the 80 turbo airbox (with the shorter outlet and sediment catch). At lower boost it really wakes up the 1HZ and after 9 years with the setup I haven't felt a need for compensator, intercooler, injection upgrades, etc. It isn't mind blowing but it makes a very functional upgrade in the conservative way that Toyota tended to do things. I can get it up to 1200F on a really long or steep uphill pull, but I usually back off before that and let 4th gear keep revs up and cooling things.

The HD-T would be the way to go from scratch or if you got one for a good deal though.

You are correct... it does sound bad. Especially since my hypothesis is that Cummins copied the Hino engines.

They are all sharing huge amounts of manufacturing information between the engine designers now due to the fact they are all working under the same or similar worldwide emission standards.

All of these engines will resemble each other especially when suppliers are so intertwined with global Parts procurement.

Havent updated in a while, just enjoying the ride. I did get my catch can in from amazon recently. So that needs to go in when its not sub freezing....
IMG_20180114_170424.jpg

Last edited:
Here is our catch can solution from Terrain Tamer if you would like another option....plus a cool video.

Available through our installing shops and resellers and here :)

FCC Flashlube Catch Can Pro

Damn, wish I'd a known there was another option.......you can tell they know what they're doing from their accents. :)

Damn, wish I'd a known there was another option.......you can tell they know what they're doing from their accents. :)
it doesnt seem much different from the provent 200, just 1. smaller, which means higher service frequency, but easier to fit and 2. what appears like smaller hose spigots, which would mean no adapters needed compared to the big 1" ones on the 200. The filters seem similar, but I would say a third difference and the big negative is that to check the filter, it seems like you have to remove from mount, dismantle it in two which requires flexing the hoses, while the provent 200 you just unscrew the top and no bolts or hoses are touched for an extremely quick check. So overall I think this one has much easier installation but the provent 200 has easier use and servicing once installed.

Hey Andrew, read the post front to back. An excellent job and a lot of good information/ideas.

Then.... had to fix the exhaust leak and add a bit more sound to the 1hz. Flowmaster 50 sounds great! No drone and not loud. Getting too old for the loud....

IMG_20180716_101344.jpg

IMG_20180716_112834.jpg

IMG_20180716_112843.jpg

IMG_20180716_112851.jpg

IMG_20180716_112858.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom