MY13 Paul’s “Equipt” LC in Tread magazine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just read the article about Paul May’s ‘13 LC in Tread magazine. Great write up. Check out the Sept/Oct issue.

I saw it in person, and I’m not being a hater, it’s got some areas it needs cleaned up in my opinion. I’m sure it will get better as Paul May said he did it rather quick, I can respect that. A well built truck requires a few outings to find if the suspension is really dialed in for that users load or to make sure vibrations don’t change something your didn’t want changed.

As for goose gear, I’m sorry, it’s wildly overpriced for what it is. Their “modular” set up loses serious space with every box needing a side. If I’m paying that much, then I want storage built for my truck, that uses every available space, not an assortment of premade sizes that Lego together. It’s easy on the companies side, but leave the user with a lot of dead space. I couldn’t believe how much space was lost on that 200 from extra walls and dead space behind the fridge, sad really.

I’m not saying they are not quality products. They are. It’s the design that I disagree with, especially when you look at Trekboxx, or my person favorite, Drifta. Drifta is how a drawer sysytem should be.

Back to Goose Gear. Check out their platform for our 200. $500 for a cut to fit piece of plywood and some holes. Also it only attaches to the small tie down points in the floor, and doesn’t take advantage of the 3rd row seat brackets, because that wouldn’t work with their modular design.

That’s a good business model to keep universal products and high profit margins, but I for one don’t feel it is a very good option.

I saw it in person, and I’m not being a hater, it’s got some areas it needs cleaned up in my opinion. I’m sure it will get better as Paul May said he did it rather quick, I can respect that. A well built truck requires a few outings to find if the suspension is really dialed in for that users load or to make sure vibrations don’t change something your didn’t want changed.

As for goose gear, I’m sorry, it’s wildly overpriced for what it is. Their “modular” set up loses serious space with every box needing a side. If I’m paying that much, then I want storage built for my truck, that uses every available space, not an assortment of premade sizes that Lego together. It’s easy on the companies side, but leave the user with a lot of dead space. I couldn’t believe how much space was lost on that 200 from extra walls and dead space behind the fridge, sad really.

I’m not saying they are not quality products. They are. It’s the design that I disagree with, especially when you look at Trekboxx, or my person favorite, Drifta. Drifta is how a drawer sysytem should be.

Back to Goose Gear. Check out their platform for our 200. $500 for a cut to fit piece of plywood and some holes. Also it only attaches to the small tie down points in the floor, and doesn’t take advantage of the 3rd row seat brackets, because that wouldn’t work with their modular design.

That’s a good business model to keep universal products and high profit margins, but I for one don’t feel it is a very good option.

The Drifta drawers are definitely well-thought-out. Can't say I've seen them state-side? I like how they also have an attachment point to the wheel well. I was a bit surprised when installing my ARB drawers that they didn't use more mounting points.

The aspect of the Goose Gear setup that I liked in Paul's truck is the fact that the middle row system fits naturally with the rear. Meanwhile, my practical, sturdy, DIY middle row storage looks, well, homemade :)

I'm not worried about his suspension, we've setup/installed a few ;) and have the loads pretty dialed these days.

I didn’t ride in it, just what he told me about it. I could only the see some electrical things I felt could of been cleaned up better and it was leaning too much on flat ground. That and I wasn’t feelin’ the storage design. But, to each their own right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom