What did you do on your 70 series today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went a little OCD on the cruiser today. That elastic band in the glovebox (which I think is a genius compensation for the questionable lack of a lip on the lower tray) was showing it's age like a pair of sagging crusty underwear. Got some new elastic up in that thing! Now when the cops ask for "ze papers" I don't have the entire glovebox spilled out. Although basic physics tells us the only reason I'd get pulled over is trespassing... N/A Diesel ain't going to break any limits.

View attachment 1553773 View attachment 1553774
@wardharris has doug tubs. for the money, best mod out there!

Nice. Where is it located in the vehicle?

That panel is cut to fit in the rear portion of the cargo drawer box I built. It will be right behind the passenger front seat.

Hung out with my good friend @joekatana in AR for the annual Southern Cruiser Crawl...

Best event in the South/East bar none.

A020644C-78E0-4D68-952A-2F2124557F1D.jpeg
1FAD4112-76AB-4BA4-8859-774A939F3EC3.jpeg
2F285604-1910-4222-B19F-B037CE8F2D45.jpeg
77F6D416-1F16-448D-AD93-6A9141B3AE97.jpeg
CFDF4221-C093-487F-8B8B-C4990AE863F6.jpeg

Been looking at this kit for the truck, shes got a fat ass and needs a bit to stop. Looking forward to hearing any butt dyno or real world results with this

You don’t have discs in the rear Andrew. Drums. :)

Fronts we can go with Terrain Tamer rotors and pads.

FJC stuff.

Totally not worth the money. Front disc/rear drum—if correctly adjusted—will stop on a dime.

I don't think this is altruistic. I can think of several instances in which discs would be advantageous and when rear drums would be advantageous. Consider the intent of the truck and environment it will be primarily used.

Is there a rear disc mod? I know a lot of 1st gen Tacoma guys tried it and found it largely not worth the effort.

All HZJ73's got a rear disc brake axle so you can always swap one of those,in my opinion it is worth it if you can upgrade from a sf axle to a ff axle at the same time but I would not just do it for the rear disc brake alone.

Guess who sells these from time to time ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom