New..ish 1998 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post here on the forum. Ive always wanted to own a Landcruiser and one popped up for sale for $12,500 CAD so i jumped on it. I've picked up a 1998 LX 470 with 190km's on the clock. I flew down to Victoria from Calgary to buy it and wow was it ever in good condition almost no rust whatsoever underneath and interior looks brand new! Second week in i decided to drive it down to Las Vegas for a road trip and managed to stop along the way in St George to try it out on some dunes and i was very impressed by it even with the non all terrain tires. Since then I've put on some BFG KO2's 285 75 16 to get me through the winter here. Looking forward to more modifications once some more money is saved up.
p5pb15286449.jpg
p5pb15286457.jpg

Good job!! Black 98 LX here too!! One of the first mods was 285 KO2's!

I've been wanted to pick up a set of skid plates for the lx, the plastic skid thing broke from one of its mounts so might as well replace with something more stout I figure. My question however is are there any skids that you can install without the diff drop? I plan on sticking with the AHC so I have no need to drop the diff and lose ground clearance.

I've been wanted to pick up a set of skid plates for the lx, the plastic skid thing broke from one of its mounts so might as well replace with something more stout I figure. My question however is are there any skids that you can install without the diff drop? I plan on sticking with the AHC so I have no need to drop the diff and lose ground clearance.

Check with Bump It Offroad! He has a lot of satisfied customers on here, including myself. I do not have his skidplates though...

Been a a while since i posted a update here. A couple months ago i got a Frontrunner rack installed which will hold my tent when summer comes. Yesterday i got the ARB roobar installed with a Runva 11K synthetic winch. I broke both sides of the trim under the headlights so ill have to get some new ones ordered in other than that trucks slowly coming along.
E694C226-0A07-4BB8-8602-2D2AE79AE1D7.png
413E935B-1A26-47A3-838B-C410CAD04069.png

Looks great! I broke those trim pieces installing my ARB too. It's been almost six months, might never get around to it. haha
Just ordered them off of cruiserparts.net for 260USD for both. I called my Lexus dealer here in Calgary and they wanted to charge me 300CAD EACH!

Just ordered them off of cruiserparts.net for 260USD for both. I called my Lexus dealer here in Calgary and they wanted to charge me 300CAD EACH!

That's nuts. I'll have to hit up Cruiserparts for sure. Also saw a link for some Chinese ebay pieces for like $50 but I'd rather get OEM.

Took the LX in to get some sliders fab'd up for it today. Just got a text of the almost finished product, pretty stoked on how they turned out. I'll post some pictures with the completed product soon.

282_1521239741131.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom