Nitto of Coopers, suggestions, please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a new set of tires for my 2014 crew max.

I've narrowed it down to Cooper St Maxx in LT315/70r17 or Nitto Ridge grapplers in 35x12.50x17. Discount Tire Direct's ebay account is running a $100 off right now, so the price is very close between the two.

Noise is a slight concern, wet weather is a concern and the truck is on pavement 95% of the time as it's also my daily driver.

Suggestions?

I've had 3 sets of ST Maxx in a few different trucks. They are very quiet & work well in all conditions... they are a true AP all purpose tire. I had a set on my oilfield truck, ran them at 25 psi for two years on dirt gravel roads & they wore even all across there tread. Best tire I've had.

Been running a set of the ST Maxx for a couple years now on my semi-stock FJ60 with zero issues. Road noise has increased slightly since new but no worse than any of the standard AT tires we have had on multiple vehicles in the past. Would highly recommend them.

My experience with Nitto was terrible.
Had not had a flat in years had three the first year.
I hated them.
Never again. PG

Jaybonecrow that is a great endorsement right there.
I too have heard good things on the coopers but never used them.
Would you still suggest the same tire if most of your driving was on the highway
but a few days a year you were in mud or sloppy ranch roads?
Might be too late for me to change but I ordered a set of the new Yokahamas Geolander MT G003
yesterday.. But I have two other trucks too. These are for a 78 Plymouth Trailduster, I am unhappy with the BFGs on my K5 Blazer as Discount tire screwed me and mounted two out of round ones and refused to make it right. The BFGs had changed styles and the ones they sold me were the last old styles around. I asked for a full set of the new ones and they refused only offering to replace two with the new style.
I had just spend 1k on tires and wanted all four matching. I ended up moving the bad ones to the back and the vibration is way less but I can not rotate them now. DISCOUNT TIRES F YOU.
Thanks PG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom