What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UNLESS you drop below 45 MPH, when it clears it and you have to start over.......

From the 96' manual - However, once the vehicle speed falls below about 40 km/h (25 mph), the preset speed will not be resumed.

Last edited:
Tough stuff lifting those diffs on. Nice list of items to check off the list too.

No kidding! I didn't get the rear 3rd up high enough on the first try, so I had to lower it onto my chest. Then I could barely breath! I was thinking how pissed off my wife was gonna be if she found me dead under my Land Cruiser with a differential on my chest!:doh:

I use it a lot as most vehicle have the same feature but FWIW I get 1.5 mph changes:flipoff2:
Also noted if you pull back on the stalk it kills CC but remembers your setting for when you hit resume(RES).;)

UNLESS you drop below 45 MPH, when it clears it and you have to start over.......

Man, if only there was some sort of instruction booklet that had all this information in it somewhere.

I was under the assumption that's just how CC worked in general. Every car I've ever driven, aside from those with adaptive CC, has worked that way. If you drive a manual, usually your clutch works as a cancel as well. TMYK.

IMG_5226.JPG

Got to try something I saw in a YouTube video a few weeks a go that I had no idea about. With the cruise control set, a simple up or down bump of the stalk raises or lowers the set point by 1mph respectively for each bump. Mind=blown. Sometimes it's the little things lol

What is this "cruise control" that you speak of?!??

No kidding! I didn't get the rear 3rd up high enough on the first try, so I had to lower it onto my chest. Then I could barely breath! I was thinking how HAPPY my wife was gonna be if she found me dead under my Land Cruiser with a differential on my chest! AND COULD CASH IN MY LIFE INSURANVE! :doh:

FIFY

From the 96' manual - However, once the vehicle speed falls below about 40 km/h (25 mph), the preset speed will not be resumed.

I must have been thinking in KMMPH........I combined the two numbers, then interpolated from there.

Mine actually drops out below 45 MPH. But it also shuts off randomly while driving along.

Someplace, there must be a gathering of all information on how to make these blasted machines operate! It's WITCHCRAFT I tell you!

View attachment 1558004

What is this "cruise control" that you speak of?!??

That's because your cheap-ass bought the best year made (ever) WITHOUT a sunroof, WITH cloth seats, and is slow and steady. I don;t think you even got running boards did you? Did they include glass in them back then? Or just a pair of goggles and a horse blanket?

I'm pretty sure you had to light the lanterns on the front before traveling at night.

That's because your cheap-ass bought the best year made (ever) WITHOUT a sunroof, WITH cloth seats, and is slow and steady. I don;t think you even got running boards did you? Did they include glass in them back then? Or just a pair of goggles and a horse blanket?

I'm pretty sure you had to light the lanterns on the front before traveling at night.

No moonroof
No roof rack
No running boards
No cruise control
No tow package
Cloth manual seats

Basically, it came perfect. Except it did come with third row seats but those are going to turn out to be a blessing because they are being sacrificed to repair the front driver's seat.

It did include glass. And all glass was original until some a$$hole broke the back window.

No moonroof
No roof rack
No running boards
No cruise control
No tow package
Cloth manual seats

Basically, it came perfect. Except it did come with third row seats but those are going to turn out to be a blessing because they are being sacrificed to repair the front driver's seat.

It did include glass. And all glass was original until some a$$hole broke the back window.

Yeah, in retrospect, even though I really like having a sunroof, I dislike driving inside a wet dog even more.

I still like the 1FZ-FE more though!

You hip kids and all your fancy gadgets. You know back in my day we used a brick or broomstick...and we like it!
When this Y2K thing finally hits what are you kids gonna do then?

I've got that skid plate and a factory carrier. Let me know if you need pics of stuff.

Thanks for the offer man! I will be sure to get back to you on this topic. Need to ask a few questions.

Ha ha... That was rather obvious.:oops:

Will you have a thread documenting how you plan to brace the tire carrier? I'm very interested to see how it turns out.

Hahaa...I was trolling ya! Yeah, I'm thinking about it. Will have to get a little more info and I'll make a thread. Would be a good contribution to the forum :)

You hip kids and all your fancy gadgets. You know back in my day we used a brick or broomstick...and we like it!
When this Y2K thing finally hits what are you kids gonna do then?

It sure beats the stick shift and locking throttle cable on the old carburetors!

Yeah, in retrospect, even though I really like having a sunroof, I dislike driving inside a wet dog even more.

I still like the 1FZ-FE more though!

Yeah, it's funny. When I ordered it I was bummed about not getting a sun roof, roof rack, and running boards. Fast forward 25 years and I'm thankful every day that I couldn't afford those things!

I must have been thinking in KMMPH........I combined the two numbers, then interpolated from there.

Mine actually drops out below 45 MPH. But it also shuts off randomly while driving along.

Someplace, there must be a gathering of all information on how to make these blasted machines operate! It's WITCHCRAFT I tell you!

I will look forward to the same problem when you write me a check;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom