My misc restoration ramblings/questions thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That took me by surprise. Good luck with the sale, it's a beautiful truck that if I had the money I'd buy in a heart beat.

I've been thinking about it for almost a year. You have no idea how hard it was to push the "Publish" button last night to get the ad out on craigslist. It was like I was selling a family member.

Now I'm thinking the price might be too high. Not sure. Thoughts?

It seems like a little high until you read everything that's been done to it. There's people selling trucks half as nice for close to the same.

^^^x10. It's the low/mid side of VERY fare. BAT or eBay would probably pull another $1-$2K.

I have to say that I expect the day will come that you’ll regret selling it.

Ya I hear ya. But with 4 vehicles and only 2 drivers, it just doesn't make sense to keep it anymore, and it's a constant pain shuffling cars around the driveway. We'll be putting the convertible in storage eventually for the winter, but then it would just sit outside and start to rust. My wife can't even get in it anymore with her bad leg, she's never actually driven it. It's getting harder for me to climb up into it too, I'm not a young guy anymore.

It needs someone that will use it and keep it going.

Not a single response from Craigslist (other than "you're smoking crack with that price") so I guess it's of to eBay soon.

Sell the wife and not the truck?

The wife was the one that talked me into keeping back in 2010 and doing the rebuild. She says I should keep it now.

Re-configure it so that you can keep using it? The only reason that I sold Patch was because of the rust monster. It was like selling a kid, I think - never actually done that though maybe I could fund some other toys that way.... Kidding. It was tough to put it up for sale after having been it's human for 20 years+, and it was even harder to deliver it to the new owner but it was time. OTOH I'm enjoying this 4rnnr way too much and after all of those years with a 22R this 3.0 is a rocket.

Truck is in Colorado now, enjoying a semi-retired lifestyle. It's earned it. New owner loves it, and I'm absolutely loving my 200 series, so it's all good.

The state of Colorado just even cooler bc of this truck. I've reread your build thread 5 times in the last 2 weeks, wow... If its ok I'd like to PM you with a few questions. I picked up an 85 this week and well I'm not sure where to start.

I'm fine with a PM, but you'd be better served by starting a thread in this section, more people can respond.

The state of Colorado just even cooler bc of this truck. I've reread your build thread 5 times in the last 2 weeks, wow... If its ok I'd like to PM you with a few questions. I picked up an 85 this week and well I'm not sure where to start.

Pics are mandatory for any new acquisition!

I've hijacked this thread enough, pics to follow. Right now the ole 85 is being sorted out.

KLF,

Might have already been asked - What brand and style were your rock slides? They look beautiful - Nice 4 inches rise and full door length cover

Thanks for the info. Sorry about the truck - onto the next project

They are KLF brand. Made them myself.

They are welded on, which made painting the cab and frame very challenging. Had to paint the cab off of the frame. They were a huge amount of work, but worth it.

Ready for paint, prior to installing (this was way back in 2005):
p1010068.jpg

Sample leg, after install:
Sliders8.jpg

Holy Earth are those a pretty!!!!

I love the design and overhanging lip for rocks & grocery store a**holes with their car doors. Few questions - Why did you double up the tubing? The length wise. Do you have a profile pictures that shows the door and bars? Could you get your foot stuck between the bar and the door if let's say your getting in with slippy shoes? Could you use them as a side-step?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom