LED Headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Houston, we have a problem. I either have a bad bulb or wiring that's gone bad after 23 years. Hope it's the former! Plan is to swap right and left to see if the issue follows the bulb or not. If so, simple warranty replacement. If not, I guess I'm looking at a Slee wiring harness if he still makes them. Stay tuned
20171016_213642.jpg
20171016_213530.jpg

I'd be banking on the bulb then looking at the ground on the offending side. Unless you have squirrels or rats, however they usually go through a bunch of wires creating more than one issue.

No add on wiring harness will change the output of a LED headlight 1 lumen.

That was my first gut reaction too Phil. Such little draw with an LED, even with a suspect harness shouldn't show up like my pic shows.

Not sure where to go looking for the ground but if it was a bad ground the headlight shouldn't be working at all. It's interesting that it's on the PS. Had a 'safety inspection' on a recent trip and was told my PS front blinker was out. Found two things - corrosion in the ARB bumper blinker housing and my original wiring splice looked beat up. I cleaned off the corrosion on the ARB housing and re-did my splice connectors for said ARB to the factory harness and for added OCD pulled the DS blinker to test it on the PS. Everything worked so I put the PS blinker back in and it all worked. Shouldn't have affected the harness to the headlight at all.

Will proceed swapping the two bulbs and see what happens! I do really like the white light of the LED's. First night trip out to Anza Borrego I got flashed several times. Some have reported needing to adjust the LED headlight down a little so I did that before last weekend's trip to NV and got no flashes. Light visibility was still fantastic...even with the offending PS bulb. Will probably upgrade the high beams too after I figure out the low beam issue.

That was my first gut reaction too Phil. Such little draw with an LED, even with a suspect harness shouldn't show up like my pic shows.

Not sure where to go looking for the ground but if it was a bad ground the headlight shouldn't be working at all. It's interesting that it's on the PS. Had a 'safety inspection' on a recent trip and was told my PS front blinker was out. Found two things - corrosion in the ARB bumper blinker housing and my original wiring splice looked beat up. I cleaned off the corrosion on the ARB housing and re-did my splice connectors for said ARB to the factory harness and for added OCD pulled the DS blinker to test it on the PS. Everything worked so I put the PS blinker back in and it all worked. Shouldn't have affected the harness to the headlight at all.

Will proceed swapping the two bulbs and see what happens! I do really like the white light of the LED's. First night trip out to Anza Borrego I got flashed several times. Some have reported needing to adjust the LED headlight down a little so I did that before last weekend's trip to NV and got no flashes. Light visibility was still fantastic...even with the offending PS bulb. Will probably upgrade the high beams too after I figure out the low beam issue.

Not so much the low power draw as the drivers used in a LED produce the same output and work on a range of voltage.

Found two things. Connector on light wasn't seating to click on the wiring harness and most troublesome was the ring with the three tabs to seat the light was just spinning around so the light wouldn't seat far enough into the housing for proper optics. Sending it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom