Spare tire, Hi-lift jack, and RotoPax covers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mike6158

Random Pixel Generator
Threads
Website
wildlightimagingstudio.com
I finally have my Slee rear bumper installed completely (except the license plate light wiring). I ordered my RotoPax for fuel and water (a pair of 2 gallon for each) yesterday . The new KO2 got mounted today. The Hi-lift jack is installed. So now I'm wondering if anyone makes good (ie durable) covers for the spare, jack, and RotoPax? It seems like the RotoPax and tire would last longer if they are out of the sun. It would nice of someone made a set (probably unlikely though)

Front (imaginary Slee Blueberry and winch are installed but you can't see them)

p2575550470-5.jpg

Rear quarter w/ bumper. RotoPax should be here next week? I hope?

p2575550482-5.jpg

Rear quarter. The bumper, lift, and other parts came on the two pallets in the background. You can kind of tell that the alignment hasn't been done yet (Friday). Ham radio (2m / 70 cm) antenna is going to move. Maybe to the swing out but I don't like where they put the hole for the antenna. Someone that didn't know anything about antenna installation designed that.

p2575550497-5.jpg

#2 Battery and Dual Air Compressor. You can just barely see the tops of the locker solenoids (no lockers so no hoses). The boost relay is on the fender rail. See the shiny hex bolt just to the left of the compressor? I haven't finished the wiring in the cab yet.

p2575550502-5.jpg

Main battery

p2575552656-5.jpg

Aux battery and compressor from another angle

p2575553094-5.jpg

I've been running an SOR tire cover on my 80 for years in the desert and it's kept my spare in pretty good condition I think any tire cover will do that just fine as loing as it's blocking the if rays you will be fine. I would assume that rotopax have a if resistant additive in their mold.

Looks great!

It's work in progress. I like it better with a little lift but it's a great ride no matter what...

I've been running an SOR tire cover on my 80 for years in the desert and it's kept my spare in pretty good condition I think any tire cover will do that just fine as long as it's blocking the uv rays you will be fine. I would assume that rotopax have a if resistant additive in their mold.

I don't know if they have a coating. It just seems like a good idea to cover all that stuff. Covering it all might look like :poop: though. I'll start with the tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom