Ma noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im getting pretty fed up of this noise. Its not driveline vibes, its not the tires/wheels, its not wheel bearings. WHAT ARE YOU?!

Video taken at 70 mph, any frequency above 660 hz is cutoff. It sounds like an out of balance tire but its NOT!

Any clues?

Turn up the music. Bout the best you can do, you're driving a noisy ass land cruiser. It will let you know what to replace when the time comes, until then don't chase sounds.

Turn up the music. Bout the best you can do, you're driving a noisy ass land cruiser. It will let you know what to replace when the time comes, until then don't chase sounds.
If it were sounds only I could. It comes with bad vibes that make road trips tedious

Sure it's vehicle speed only? Did you put it in neutral while on the highway? Try removing one drive shaft and driving (with center diff locked) then the other?

Sure it's vehicle speed only? Did you put it in neutral while on the highway? Try removing one drive shaft and driving (with center diff locked) then the other?
Yes to all those things. Sans front ds it's slightly quieter. Brand new DC front shaft installed in this clip.

My HDJ81 did similar even with fresh u joints, front shaft out, rear shaft out, fresh wheel bearings.
I never solved it, figured it was down to bearing wear in t case, or diffs.

My HDJ81 did similar even with fresh u joints, front shaft out, rear shaft out, fresh wheel bearings.
I never solved it, figured it was down to bearing wear in t case, or diffs.

thats kinda where Im at right now. ITs not the diffs cause they have new bearings, but the T-case could be it.

If you have access to a lift get the wheels off the ground then put it in drive let the wheel spin. Then start listening under the rig for sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom