Bye Bye to The King: Windshield rust repair ++ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here some final pictures of The King, sadly he didn't get a final bath to really shine.
090.JPG
093.JPG
101.JPG
094.JPG
099.JPG

Last edited:
I creep on your threads from time-to-time to pretend that I have your attention to detail. Unfortunately for my 100 series, I do not. Thanks for making the hand-off with the driver easy as ever. I know that the buyer will be very pleased with your craftsmanship.
My pleasure!.

I hope they are happy with The King, it's be the most reliable vehicle I've every owed. It wasn't a restore project but I did keep up. I just wish we'd done all the items on my wish list before he headed out to his new home. Nothing pressing just stuff I'd like seen done..

Interesting the drive was just a local guy picking up to take to yard, for loading onto long haul Auto transport. That sure made scheduling easier. I understand you gave Adam "@sammybones" a great price on the Den To GA haul, sweet!
005.JPG
006.JPG

Last edited:
;)

They are all time bombs at this age, and most look much lighter in color. This one actually doesn't look bad in person, color appears darker no micro cracks visible. Regardless, I just wait until they leak, which I've only had one do. It was on a 00LX which had 276K miles.

Being alert for the sweet smell of coolant, and checking coolant level fervently is so important with our ageing fleet.

Wow, what an amazing example of an almost 20 year old vehicle. Truly a testament to your care and pride in your fleet of 100s. I haven't chimed in on many of your posts, but I truly appreciate all of the details and pictures you share for everyone to learn from. Thanks for being such a great asset to this board and for loving 100s so much

Wow, what an amazing example of an almost 20 year old vehicle. Truly a testament to your care and pride in your fleet of 100s. I haven't chimed in on many of your posts, but I truly appreciate all of the details and pictures you share for everyone to learn from. Thanks for being such a great asset to this board and for loving 100s so much
Thank you, that was very nice of you to say.

So true! My sentiments exactly. I have read and re-read so many of your posts. The knowledge we gain is so valuable. Thank you @2001LC

You are so welcome @99land

Believe me, I've gain a ton for this board and learn more each day. I'm more then happy to pay back and forward.

As for my fleet, well: I felt I had three of the rarest 100 series in the lower 48 of the USA, until The King pulled away. :cry:

I just heard from @sammybones that lumbar isn't working. I don't recall it ever giving much moment. Can't remember last time I even tried to adjust. Anyone know if the 98-02 gave much moment?

I really don't know if we have a motor or pump with inflatable bag?

I'm thinking first step would be to see if can hear or feel the motor or pump working. If not check to see if power getting to it.

If getting power, pulling seat back would be next step.
Anyone know how to remove seat back without breaking tabs of hard plastic back?

I'm guessing this is wire to lumbar motor, anyone know for sure?
006.JPG

Never been in there, but from the diagram it looks like it can be accessed by removing the back of the seat cover- Part#11 is the lumbar pump-

Test the switch for continuity
Test the pump motor for continuity

5075CE25-DB3F-46CB-9EF5-58C47FC3BD36.png

So if #11 is a pump it must be air bag.
I did find some pictures of a back for 06, suppose it's same for 01. Looks like trick would be to release upper clips then pull up.

Would be good time to restring netting pouch.
050.JPG
051.JPG
052.JPG

First of all I want to thank Paul for a great transaction. He was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. The King (on the left) is just as promised. I highly recommend buying from him. I originally wanted to find and 04 or 05 LX as this will be my wife’s DD. However, I have been following Paul’s threads and knew I wanted one of his.

I’ll try and trouble shoot the lumbar. I’m gonna have to upgrade the stereo as well unfortunately, my wife wants Bluetooth and better speakers. I can’t blame her, the audio in Hundy’s suck.

12EF01BA-9F36-4B52-A174-7096E8BFAEC2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom