Body mount replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a full set of new body mounts the originals and can't find torque settings or general fitting method and weather to use grease or is it just a dry fit any help would be appreciated

thanks so is this procedure just according to bolt thickness

Im sure its in there, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Anyone who plays around with mechanical things knows when a nut is tightened adequately and evenly.
Grease for the thread? Wouldn't hurt. I sometimes spray threads with WD40 to stop them rusting.

My go-to when feel doesn't "feel" right. ;)

Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 15.17.35.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 15.17.22.png

I just had mine off, and like Rosco says, they weren't very tight. Hand tight would best describe it. Definitely, NOT cranked down tight.
All of them had 2 nuts on them to keep them locked. Other than that, seemed straight forward.

I just had mine off, and like Rosco says, they weren't very tight. Hand tight would best describe it. Definitely, NOT cranked down tight.
All of them had 2 nuts on them to keep them locked. Other than that, seemed straight forward.

The rubber in the mount had most likely compacted leaving the nut hand tight.

Thanks for info i think i will apply the chart and see how it goes

Well all mounts fitted with the help of a friend some of the old rubber mounts were really colapsed The change has definitely made a differance to the ride but also has alerted me to another problem the space between the left fender and right and the front bumper are not the same about 10 mm different now to fix this thanks for all the help so great to have other people's input

Had to redo all mounts over bought the sleeves to go between top and bottom I measured them back and front are the same 54 mm long and all the rest are 57 mm long od is 17 mm and I'd 13 mm after doing this the second time I realized the length of the tube determines the limit of tightening so 35 newtons is plenty and in this process I found the source of the clank noise I always heard when turning left the bolt that fastens the stabilizer bar is 10 mm thick it has two bushes top and bottom with metal plates between the hole on chassis side is 18 mm that 10 mm bolt will most definitely make a noise in such a big hole so made two stepped bushes and the noise is now gone will test properly in the Transkei in 8 days time .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom