BC Inspection w/ Aftermarket Lights Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There is a LC in the mail with my name on it. Going to land on November 6th.

I'm beginning to fear I might be in for a big headache with the headlights/tailights. It seems I've not been able to get a straight answer looking through the forums/ICBC/other JDM forums. Perhaps someone would be able to shed some light and give some guidance on my individual case as I work through this process?

I should note I am in Vancouver and want to register the truck in BC

Currently:
-Truck is bought and paid for landing Nov 6
-Broker will be handling customs import on this side
-I will need to get temp insurance and get the inspection done.
-Wheels have DOT markings, I'm confident about the windshield as well
-So far the vehicle seems to be in fine mechanical shape

These photos were taken by my agent in Japan. These are all I have to go on at this time.

Im scared Im going to get ripped apart on the inspection. I'm almost certain these lights will not fly. Anyone have tips/experience/warnings/advice?

P9190672_zps6jjfrq7a.jpg
P9190697_zpses5axq2s.jpg
P9190697_zpses5axq2s.jpg
P9190690_zpshscpq5uz.jpg
P9190690_zpshscpq5uz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
P9190672_zps6jjfrq7a.jpg

P9190672_zps6jjfrq7a.jpg

P9190690_zpshscpq5uz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I hope someone has some thoughts on this. I hope I've not got a big headache ahead.

With thanks!

P9190690.JPG

P9190672.JPG

P9190686.JPG

P9190697.JPG

Last edited:
If the headlights are a question, I’d just replace them with standard units.

Finding replacements for the taillights/turn signals may be more of an issue. I assume it is the clear lenses you’re concerned with? If not already, I’d try using colored bulbs to see what happens. Next step would be some sort of spray tint on the lens?

When i brought my truck over, it had aftermarket headlights. This was actually a bonus because they had a SAE DOT marking on them, while the originals wouldn't. If they have a dot mark, just make sure they are aligned for our roads and shouldn't be a problem. I just needed to modify the pattern from the projectors to rise on the right Instead of left.

My taillights also had clear lenses and a yellow lamp for turning. No issue at all, but i never even checked them for dot, inspection shop passed easily. When i looked up Canada rules for automotive, nothing about clear lenses but there should be a coloured reflector of some sort.

Does it have a high third brake light? Depending on the year, that might be required.

I'm in Alberta though, so take what you will from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom