YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tambien.

I thought of attaching a picture, but I have the exact same granite countertops as everyone else in this thread.

Love the key.

I really like the shell. It seems lighter and feels good in my hand. Fit and finish were perfect. Assembly was easy. Nicely done!

had another oem shell break, just ordered one of these look great

Put mine together today and have a question. I have he ever so slightest gap on the side between the top and bottom shell pieces. It is slight but I can squeeze the two together to eliminate it but can’t really torque the screws enough to fix. Anyone else seeing this? Lastly, the kit came with several little pin looking pieces. The assembly video does not address them. What are they and are they required for something?

I have never broken an oem key fob, but nevertheless I see the improvement in these and any improvement to my LC is worth it so I ordered one last night! :)

Put mine together today and have a question. I have he ever so slightest gap on the side between the top and bottom shell pieces. It is slight but I can squeeze the two together to eliminate it but can’t really torque the screws enough to fix. Anyone else seeing this? Lastly, the kit came with several little pin looking pieces. The assembly video does not address them. What are they and are they required for something?

1. For the gap: post a pic if you can. With all the keys I've tested there is no gap at all as far as I've noticed, but I wonder if you've got a thicker key or something. Post a pic and let's see what's up.

2. The pins are for the "I" style key blade and are used to hold that style in place firmly. If you have the common T style, then you can toss those pins in the trash! It's a small cost I eat to make sure most of you have a working solution when you open the package.

I have never broken an oem key fob, but nevertheless I see the improvement in these and any improvement to my LC is worth it so I ordered one last night! :)

I think you'll find it money well spent. :)

1. For the gap: post a pic if you can. With all the keys I've tested there is no gap at all as far as I've noticed, but I wonder if you've got a thicker key or something. Post a pic and let's see what's up.

2. The pins are for the "I" style key blade and are used to hold that style in place firmly. If you have the common T style, then you can toss those pins in the trash! It's a small cost I eat to make sure most of you have a working solution when you open the package.

Here is a photo of the space. Again, I can squeeze the two together more or less however the nuts are as tight as they can get w/o probably ruining them.

dxSZpKqdVCcW1k_8-ieO3Vwf3b4wTs26y7PTfHAudxA

Last edited:
Here is a photo of the space. Again, I can squeeze the two together more or less however the nuts are as tight as they can get w/o probably ruining them.

dxSZpKqdVCcW1k_8-ieO3Vwf3b4wTs26y7PTfHAudxA
I'm not sure if this is an error on my end or not, but I cannot see the image and it appears the image URL is broken. I tried to view it in FireFox and Safari. Again, not sure if it's a problem on my end or not but hopefully others can chime in stating if they can see the image.

I'm not sure if this is an error on my end or not, but I cannot see the image and it appears the image URL is broken. I tried to view it in FireFox and Safari. Again, not sure if it's a problem on my end or not but hopefully others can chime in stating if they can see the image.

Yeah I had the same error. He sent me the pic via email. It looks like something's in the way, inside, preventing the halves from closing completely. We'll see what he can find as far as an object in the way. I'm curious!

I got mine and finally put it together yesterday. This morning my wife went to move our truck and asked for my key. As soon as I gave it to her she was like, "where did you get this?!?". She loves it. I suspect I will be ordering a second... Just need to pick colors!

@PabloCruise any chance you'd consider stopping by so I can check this thing out in person? :worms:

Email was sent with photo

Put mine together today and have a question. I have he ever so slightest gap on the side between the top and bottom shell pieces. It is slight but I can squeeze the two together to eliminate it but can’t really torque the screws enough to fix. Anyone else seeing this?

@suprarx7nut I have this too. Mine squeaks when I squeeze it as well, not sure if you can hear, or see it, in the vid. Not a huge deal and doesn't affect anything, nor am I complaining and will still be ordering another...but maybe worth a look. Btw thanks for the extra screws!

You could try taking it apart and chalking the inner face of the back panel, then re-assemble and squeeze to see where it transfers the chalk to the Ti or front half.

@suprarx7nut I have this too. Mine squeaks when I squeeze it as well, not sure if you can hear, or see it, in the vid. Not a huge deal and doesn't affect anything, nor am I complaining and will still be ordering another...but maybe worth a look. Btw thanks for the extra screws!

Thanks for the video, that really helps. Hmm, that's so bizarre. And you had a hard time getting in the SS screws... now I see why!

It looks like your remote is too thick. I dont suppose you could take a picture of the remote backside? Maybe a good sideview shot? Perhaps there's a change to the remote internals I need to accommodate with a little pocket in that back half.

They should definitely not look like that, nor should they squeak! The gap should be less than .005" - nearly nothing. You guys have more like .050" and we need to get that fixed. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom