Anyone here own this? 2016 with Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like it's had a hard first year of life... I wouldn't buy either.

This "mystery box" has me worried:

41.jpg

Rockford Fosgate logo. The subwoofer in the back is the same brand... if I had to guess it's to lower or increase the bass on the subwoofer.

Boom so hard it knocks the magnetic handle out of its holder :bounce2:

But seriously... a supercharger and all that gear? I'm struggling to identify the demographic.

small lottery winner

2/1/2016 manufactured

3/30/16-Car was purchased new in San Antonio Texas. Owner registered it as a Corporate vehicle.

Car serviced at North Park Toyota (all records, and on time)

5/10/17 car offered for sale at Austin Ford/Lincoln dealer.

6/28/17 car moved to AZ dealer, who sells few more 2016 Land Cruisers

Always leaves me scratching my head when people put lights
and other doodads where they are most likely to be SCRAPED OFF:

s-l500.jpg

I agree it's not a ih8mud 200 build but why would you not buy it if it was in your price range? Has a lift and a supercharger.
The other stuff can be removed easily, it's a land cruiser it will be fine. It's a year old!

Any one who spends $$$$ on an SUV isn't doing it purely for practical reasons.
Status and emotion are in there among the reasons. Some choices are just more conspicuous than others...

The LC is still $$$$ but it's less conspicuous than say an Escalade, Rover, LX, or G-Wagon. Which is turn off for some.
There is a market and a product for everyone...

If I was shopping for a 16 I would pass on this one just because I would perceive the previous owner didn't take care of it.
If you look close the interior is a little beat up for only being two years old.

Would it be reliable? Sure
As I sat in the seats would I wonder about possible past transgressions and what potential residue I was sitting in? YES

Anytime someone adds a supercharger and then sells the truck a year later it concerns me.

why - there's people out in the world with stupid money who trade up vehicles like underwear - I understand being skeptical but there are times when you can take advantage of other peoples advantages

why - there's people out in the world with stupid money who trade up vehicles like underwear - I understand being skeptical but there are times when you can take advantage of other peoples advantages

"Never buy someone else's project."

Not saying I wouldn't consider buying one, but I would be very cautious about it and would want it checked out thoroughly. I've read of people doing SC installs and throwing engine codes or even blowing out the motor because they overboosted or didn't properly reprogram the ECU. There was a black (2014 I think) Hennessey LX570 with 9k miles for sale in Chicago back when I was looking in early 2016. If it wasn't $90k I might have looked at it since at least it was done by a reputable shop*. In the end I'm glad I bought an LC.

I do get your point about stupid money though. Just sayin' I'd be extra careful if I didn't have the history.

* It's fair to dispute if Hennessey runs a reputable business, but I would be very comfortable with the mechanical work already done by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom