Foam repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have some decent trick or advice on repairing the foam for the center piece? It's slightly separated away from the metal bar..trying to give my self some jobs to do :rofl:

I've got the Spector glove cover, and the instrument panel..man the I instrument panel is not that good I'm going to need to do a bunch of touch up paint on it..at least looking at it unless the gauges and lights cover everything

Also while I'm at it any tips on reconditioning the original one too?

Last edited:
How easy it to pull the instrument panel for a non technical person as I won't be able to do this month

I have the same problem. I have separation starting on the left side and it's in pretty fragile shape. I haven't been able to locate a new center piece anywhere.

I have the spector instrument panel and top dash but I haven't installed either because I think I prefer my originals with some flaws over the reproduction foam.

Gorilla glue and tha clamps... cottage cheese containers filled with plaster fit nice into the gauge holes. Plastic and vinyl paint. Bondo can also be used... and lower expectations/ / /get something else in your field of view you hate even more...I have seen nice things done with wood for that center pad... gotta love the new aged materials from the 50s they started using in the 70s...:rolleyes:

Ok sounds like I can play around with the center piece..the gauge cluster; yeah it's really disappointing but I'm willing to try it. Original is staying for reconditioning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom