Builds The great Stoffel (HJ61 build) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I'll be around and should be available, work pending. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number!

So, after a ton of planning and upgrading the wife and I took a dream trip up to the great white north! 10 days, 3100+ miles, 18.9 mpg, 2 countries, 5 states and 2 provinces and we are back home safe and sound! Stoffel preformed better than I could ever hope for, and Canada did not disappoint. We can not wait to get back, it was a great trip (probably our best trip yet). Take a look at all the pics and let me know what you think!

Clicky to trip report link

[QUOTE="Mr Tibbs, There is no mounting of the quarter protection to the frame. Jason has welded a backer plate on the inside of the bumper to stiffen up that area. If there ever is an issue with flex he has offered to weld it to the frame to make it stiffer.
If I know a guy is going to be in the rocks and trees and throws caution to the wind... (@The Phoenician) HEE HEE!! I made his with the side arms and if he responds he can go over that detail and report back. I copied IPORs design off their 80 bumper. Its stout as HELL and on another customers rig (@sschruff ) I had my buddy push in on the wing with his 5K forklift and the hydraulics loaded up with only about 1/4" of play in the wing. Actually started pushing Goss' rear on the driveway. We then picked the entire rear off the ground lifting from the tip of the wing by the fender well.Upward flex was approx 5/8" there.

J[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how I missed this, I suppose responding 2.5 years later is better than not responding at all :oops:. I have a TT rear bumper with the quarter panel protection that @reevesci built for me and I've put this thing through hell. I've hit it on rocks while coming down steep angles and scrapped it while going up them as well. I've also backed this bumper into an oak tree (on purpose) without it leaving a dent or mark. This bumper looks as good as it is rugged and it has protected the quarter panels without fail. It doesn't flex because it bolts the wings to the frame. It also lets me tow a trailer while carrying a 37 in tire on steel split rims. I seriously can't say enough good things about it. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to hit me up, I'll be glad to give an honest review.

Mike

So, a few updates. First off the wife did GREAT for Xmas and bought me this for our adventures!!

IMG_20171226_162237935_HDR-XL.jpg

IMG_20171226_162215497_HDR-XL.jpg

After receiving the oven I'm thinking about redoing the entire rear area. Mainly, since the purchase of the roof top tent we no longer sleep in the back of the rig and don't need the set up we have now. I'm thinking of trying to put the cooler and oven on slides and utilize the space in the back better. Anyone have any examples of using slides in the back?

Also I have stripped the rig down in anticipation of........rust repair and a total repaint!! After noticing a few new rust spots last year I have been freaking out that I am going to lose this rig to the elements. I really, really want to keep this vehicle for the next 20+ years so after some discussions with the wife we decided to have it repaired and keep up with other maintenance. It sure looks different all stripped down!

IMG_20180103_171426721_HDR-XL.jpg

IMG_20180103_171231203_HDR-XL.jpg

I saw a few spy shots from a customer of mine who stopped into their shop last week. He was pumped to see it.

Well, I think there was a bit more rust than my body guy was planning on. Not horrible, but a little bit everywhere. It's in paint now and I should have it back next week! I'll throw up a few more pics in a bit.

So when he popped the windshield he found a bit more than he initially thought was there. But, that's why I took it to a professional to have all the rust repaired. I have told him numerous times that I would rather have it done right than quickly so I'm hoping it will be a great job.

A few pics from the windshield rust repair:

IMG9562451-XL.jpg

IMG9562471-XL.jpg

5407666241-XL.jpg

And now on to paint! The inside is done, and the roof is also complete. Next week is the rest of the body paint and reassembly!!

IMG9563701-XL.jpg

IMG9563711-XL.jpg

Been on here for a while started following your cruiser off of the phoenx gold phorum love the cruisr. I am RayBuck on the phorum spend more of my time on here now days got a 62 little over 3 years ago changed my direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom