GX460 Lexus tires question (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fl4031003

SILVER Star
Threads
anyone know if 255/70/18 tires will fit on a stock 2010 GX? Any rubbing issues?

Looking at tire size data they should fit. They are shown as a 32" hight and about the same width as the stock 265/60/18s. Would like to go with the same size and do the on board tire calibration for the size change.

Yea - I've read the 275/70 will rub, but with the 255's being a bit more narrow you might just create enough space to keep the tires off the static parts.

Good to know, that tire size is stock base tundra take off size plenty of them for sale for next to nothing. Might just give it a try.

does anyone know if the 265/70/17's will fit on a 2010 GX? I am not sure about the brake calipers.

2016 4Runner 265/70/17's on my wife's 2010 GX 460.

IMG_0444.JPG

Good to know, that tire size is stock base tundra take off size plenty of them for sale for next to nothing. Might just give it a try.

Just wondering if you had tried out those 255/70/18s? i am in need of new tires, and wanted something a bit taller but i'm not ready for any suspension changes yet. I love the look stilespendleton has gotten, but i gotta do mine slowly.

No, I could have grabbed some for next to nothing but I did not want the speedometer to be off for my wife. I purchased new OEM sized tires 2 weeks ago.

do y'all think running 255s would have significant drawbacks for mild off roading (or visual appearance). i seem to think the loss of 1cm wouldn't matter much.

and sorry for the basic questions. i'm a brand new GX owner and brand new 4wd owner.

do y'all think running 255s would have significant drawbacks for mild off roading (or visual appearance). i seem to think the loss of 1cm wouldn't matter much.

and sorry for the basic questions. i'm a brand new GX owner and brand new 4wd owner.

Nothing is too basic for this group! The 255's are only slightly skinnier than the stock wheels, so no I don't think you'll have any drawbacks for mild off roading.

I have 255/70/r18 on my gx460 and they fit with no rubbing. I have 1.5 in lift in the front and 1/2 in in the rear but they should be fine on stock height

2011 gx

Did a lot of research on this exact issue. Ended up going with 265/65/18. Faulken wildpeak at3. Great tire. No noise. Great stance. Fits great. The guys at the tire store were impressed how good they turned out.

2011 gx

Did a lot of research on this exact issue. Ended up going with 265/65/18. Faulken wildpeak at3. Great tire. No noise. Great stance. Fits great. The guys at the tire store were impressed how good they turned out.

@MJ Bear any pics with these tires on the truck? how do you like them after a few months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom