Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can still use that grommet, it just needs a slit so you can slide the wires in, and a hole for the new harness.

View attachment 1542842

I had the lower valance painted and the hood. Of course they are not even close to the faded Medium Blue so I’ll likely have to paint the rest of the 60 soon.

View attachment 1542844

I mocked up the passenger side modded air cleaner from
@under_psi and it’s perfect for my snorkel

View attachment 1542845

This is where the computer is going.

View attachment 1542846

Did you know the 60 glove box is made of paper? WTF?

View attachment 1542843

yes...

did that ecu not fit below the glove box ala fj62?

I have used several fj60 firewall grommets on various things...you can totally cut a slot in it, add holes and glue it back together with sika or equal poly sealer. I even found one they called black that is a close match to faded rubber when it cures...PHL or ??? brand found at HD and LOWES...HTH. good work, team. time to break for real work for a few days. that's why God made next weekend...

did that ecu not fit below the glove box ala fj62?

I hope not, ‘cause I didn’t really check :grinpimp:

I just wanted it invisible (unless you open the glove box), and I’d done it this way before.

Makes for a stealthy install if you start looking around. No dangling wires or computer. The relays fit behind the kick panel. It’s all concealed.

F6807035-644D-425B-9CA6-876A7E630844.jpeg

Lots of interesting conversations when you do a major conversion like this.

Should I remove the choke Cable?

Well yes. You won’t ever need it again.

What is this sensor?

I don’t know. Pull it off and toss it.

I wonder if I should just cut this plug off?

Will you ever need it again?

On and on.

Feels weird cutting out and removing things that I have been so proud of that are still on the truck and functioning.

Oh well. That’s the way it goes.

What’s funny is that it took less time to get from the above picture to completely bolted in than it took me to put 7 bolts into the dust boots on the shifters.

I've been asking for a shifter tunnel mat for years...

on the contrary; to make it easier...just cut out the carpet that covers the removable tunnel hatch; fabricate new, insulated, trimmed-out, color-matched mat to fit tightly around shifter bezels post boot install, and overlay the OEM carpet cut-out...strategically placed hook and loop buttons or snaps and you're done...no more quarters for the curse jar when you have to get to the trans///fer

that's pretty slick, dude...acorn nuts?

only issue there is you'd still need to pull the carpet back to remove the tunnel hatch...I've been in there more times than I'd like to admit, and the carpet/hatch/boot interface is always the point of irreversible aggravation for me...

I'll keep wanting my hatch mat...:meh:

only issue there is you'd still need to pull the carpet back to remove the tunnel hatch...I've been in there more times than I'd like to admit, and the carpet/hatch/boot interface is always the point of irreversible aggravation for me...

I'll keep wanting my hatch mat...:meh:

Maybe @dnp will make that now that he is in the carpet business.

This is how I did it on Patina. I could have easily reached under and installed bolts into the captive nuts with the cover still on. Just didn’t think about it

DBE2F283-169B-4ACB-9A03-BE8DFB3039EF.jpeg

You could lay down hardwood floors and have an indoor B-ball court/vehicle lift.

Brilliant.

On a nastier note after hauling off the old motor, box, hoist, 100 beer bottles, Camp kitchen, party tent I finally decided to look at the 60.

I decided to start easy and changed the fluids in the Tranny/Tcase.

A local guy I barely know but have been in close contact with during the build has offered up his AFI throttle body to me until they fix mine and return it. He bought a kit when I did and is waiting on the local machine shop to finish his motor. Thank you @maxbob002

F6EA4518-46FC-402E-A722-07ED37834E6D.jpeg

I’m not sure if Dearborn is still alive but his Stainless tray and
Battery wire kit was/is a work of art

47D96505-C7BB-4BA6-B5C2-A466E0CABE10.jpeg

Battery is back in. That is a heavy bastert

19131FBC-B4DF-433C-B3D6-AD542F2FB385.jpeg

@under_psi drove up and polished on the Air Cleaner turd I made and helped me lift the bumper back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom