What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cake job, just bolt on spacers and go (well clean and some antiseize on mounting surface). They aren't spacers with extended studs, they are bolt on. I've run lots of cars with bolt ons and I wouldn't question them as long as installed with care.

Third attempt at posting... I apologize if it ends up with multiple submissions.

Anti- seize? My spider trax specifically said to use red locktite when mounting to the axles.
Am I misunderstanding what kind of spacers you're using?

Drove the Turdle to the Olde North State Cruisers event, Logan's Run this past weekend. Fun times, happy trails and a great group of people!
IMG_3685[1].JPG
IMG_3667[1].JPG
IMG_3671[1].JPG
My copilot, Nathan.
IMG_3674[1].JPG

Last edited:
Replaced the drivers side window regulator. Finally had to get it done after last weekends epic rainstorm where it found THE ONE TOOTH that was completely stripped out and would not allow me to roll the window up.

Mounted my ARB and rewired the Superwinch X9 (yes it fits in an ARB) to use the albright solenoid. Checked the hardware for my 3rd member install and realized I was missing 3 lock washers and 1 nut, then started to mount the new center console and decided it was to darn hot in the garage, went inside and had a beer.

Third attempt at posting... I apologize if it ends up with multiple submissions.

Anti- seize? My spider trax specifically said to use red locktite when mounting to the axles.
Am I misunderstanding what kind of spacers you're using?

Nope no misunderstanding, I put antiseize down between the mounting pads to prevent any galling. The red loctite would in theory be added to the threads locking spacers to hub. Red seems a bit overkill, but definitely does the job.

Spent Saturday at Walker Valley ORV park and really tested the dirty bird off road. Ended up going down/up some trails I had no business going on for a first timer. Pushed my luck until I got stuck down a hill that I couldn't get back up and couldn't have make it down without severely damaging the rig. Luckily found a side trail that we were able to hammer up, and I mean HAMMER. Think Jeremy Clarkson's general strategy, MORE THROTTLE!!! After a full day of pushing my luck the dirty bird came out with a little scuff at the drivers door.

My buddies JK and the Dirty Bird
IMG_20170916_130336.jpg

The battle scar from getting stuck
IMG_20170917_171132.jpg

Victory sunset along the Skagit River!
IMG_20170916_194212.jpg

Spent Saturday at Walker Valley ORV park and really tested the dirty bird off road. Ended up going down/up some trails I had no business going on for a first timer. Pushed my luck until I got stuck down a hill that I couldn't get back up and couldn't have make it down without severely damaging the rig. Luckily found a side trail that we were able to hammer up, and I mean HAMMER. Think Jeremy Clarkson's general strategy, MORE THROTTLE!!! After a full day of pushing my luck the dirty bird came out with a little scuff at the drivers door.

My buddies JK and the Dirty Bird
View attachment 1539270

The battle scar from getting stuck
View attachment 1539272

Victory sunset along the Skagit River!
View attachment 1539271

Are you north of Seattle? I'm not far from Skagit R. if you every want to meet up for a beer and kick tires.

Looks like the pup wants Miller instead of water.

Get a @Racer65 and be done with it.

I have a couple of 60 series OEM boosters that should be good. I have 4Runner calipers and master cylinder in the Cruiser and I want to match the booster to the other brake components. I acquired a booster from a wrecked 4Runner and did not notice until yesterday that it's not OEM. Went ahead and installed to find it's bad. I'll pop a good OEM 60 series back in for now until I can grab a good 4Runner or 80 series booster.

Removed rusty inner fender on passenger side. Bad photo, but you get the idea.
IMG_0197.JPG

This was the last weekend of archery elk hunting on the Oregon coast. My partners and I spent a total of 13 days in the woods through unseasonably hot temperatures, thick smoke from nearby wildfires, and some occasional rain. Although we had some really close calls with a few bulls, we just couldn't seal the deal for one reason or another.

At least the FJ62 is looking pretty:

kkDoHQK.jpg

Also, I hope to see this guy next year :)

eeetRxJ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom