40 series cab mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I am new to this forum but have been restoring a 74 landcruiser for about a year now. I have had the chassis and axles etc sandblasted and painted along with the cab and am in the process of putting that back together at the moment. I am trying to reattach my cab to the chassis and am unsure which cab mounts it has for the front and rear undersides of the cab ... Any advice or links would be much appreciated!! :)

The instructions for the Energy Suspension kit don't give the actual measurements, but you can get an idea of relative thickness at each position from the diagram. I haven't actually tried to compare it to stock mounts.

Energy Suspension Installation Instructions.jpg

The OEM diagram from SOR pretty much shows the same thing. The two front cab mounts are thicker/taller than the rest.

SOR Body Mount Diagram.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget the piece of webbing under the Bib hinge. Unless it's a full-blown resto, I usually replace it with a thin piece of UHMW to minimize rust. You could also use rubber, but you need something to make it easier to line up the hood, bib, fenders and cowl. It doesn't look like much (about 3/16") but it can give you fits during the alignment process.

/this\

Don't forget the piece of webbing under the Bib hinge. Unless it's a full-blown resto, I usually replace it with a thin piece of UHMW to minimize rust. You could also use rubber, but you need something to make it easier to line up the hood, bib, fenders and cowl. It doesn't look like much (about 3/16") but it can give you fits during the alignment process.

So can forgetting to check squareness of the door openings. Most people don't key into the fact that the entire cowl FLOATS on the tub. And after 40 years, the cowl sag of a well-used cruiser also wreaks havoc on aligning the front clip.

So can forgetting to check squareness of the door openings. Most people don't key into the fact that the entire cowl FLOATS on the tub. And after 40 years, the cowl sag of a well-used cruiser also wreaks havoc on aligning the front clip.

Thank you so much for your advice! By the front clip are you reffering to the piece inderneath the front of the cab that sitsup higher on the chassis and has the longer bolt through it ....?

The front clip is the two front fenders, aprons, and the bib.

Thank you so much for your advice! By the front clip are you reffering to the piece inderneath the front of the cab that sitsup higher on the chassis and has the longer bolt through it ....?

Thank you wow so many little details that make such a difference! I shall go and have a hunt for some today ....a little unsure about what this bib hinge is, it might have been cut off on mine as I can't see a hinge on it anywhere ...does it sit at the front of the cab?

The instructions for the Energy Suspension kit don't give the actual measurements, but you can get an idea of relative thickness at each position from the diagram. I haven't actually tried to compare it to stock mounts.

Yay thankyou that will help so much!! Hopefully our shops here in NZ actually can order them in will have a hunt today thank you

View attachment 1542961

The OEM diagram from SOR pretty much shows the same thing. The two front cab mounts are thicker/taller than the rest.

View attachment 1542966

Thank you wow so many little details that make such a difference! I shall go and have a hunt for some today ....a little unsure about what this bib hinge is, it might have been cut off on mine as I can't see a hinge on it anywhere ...does it sit at the front of the cab?
Bib hinge sits on the center of the front cross member and supports the bib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom