Builds Fj40 Daily and Wheeler build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I never look in the 40 section because I don't own one but.... My first cruiser was a spring over baby blue fj40. Your truck is sick and looks amazing! Why didn't YOU truss that rear 80 series axle?

I never look in the 40 section because I don't own one but.... My first cruiser was a spring over baby blue fj40. Your truck is sick and looks amazing! Why didn't YOU truss that rear 80 series axle?
Thanks for the compliment man. I was on the fence about a rear truss when I installed the axle. What led me to not truss it is that the rear of a 40 is pretty light, and I don't really carry a lot of weight back their, usually 2 people and 100lbs of tools and maybe a cooler, thats about it.

i may have missed the details but exactly which rover did those jump seats come from? i really like the way they look

Reinstalled my center console and it's locker switches. I also replumbed the rear locker. I was a bit hesitant to go on a trail without a traction bar, but I just took it easy. The rear springs appeared to settle some from the little bit of a workout the trail gave them. The trail had a ton of brush. The tires for the most part protected the paint. Up high though the soft top windows took a beating and have some new scratches.Not much I can do about it. I'm glad I went on this easier trail run, I was able to find some bugs which need worked out. Im glad i ran the soft top, it poured rain the second half of the day.
20170907_191914.jpg
20170910_094131.jpg
View attachment 1534899
20170910_223624.jpg

It was cool being on the trail with so many 40s. A few guys were curious about the aluminum tub. Especially guys with the 79+ models as they are more rust prone. But the aqualu 3/4 tub is quite a bit different and more complex for those models. My next step is install sliders and traction bar.

My first rendition of a traction bar I messed up. So this is traction bar 2. Hopefully this works. I've also been looking into getting air conditioning. I think I'm going to go with vintage air. Interestingly Icon is now using vintage air on their 40s instead of old air products. Supposedly they found the old air stuff not near as efficient as vintage air.
20170920_211254-1209x1612.jpg

Curious which rear bumper/tire carrier your using ? In the market for one myself

Cheers
Steve

After driving around a bit noticed a bit of a oil leak from the trans input shaft. I pulled the rear motor mount bushings to ease removal. Found the lip on the seal had broke apart. Tried to get to this right away so my clutch wasn't oil soaked.
20171004_181904-756x1008.jpg
20171004_190602-1209x1612.jpg

I also had some seep from the orion. Some of the pto plate holes go through the case which I never noticed. So I applied sealant to the bolts.

I removed the rubber air compressor hose that went to the tank and replaced it with 3/8 nylon line. Not sure why I never did this earlier. Also been working a my ignition curve. Without a dyno I just have to go by feel. I was getting a low rpm heavy load hesitation. So I steepened up the curve even more. That worked great so now I kinda leveled off up top to see what it does. This ignition curve looks like no other curves I've seen on the net, but it is a very low compression motor and I'm at high altitude so this is where I'm at. Seems like few people know much about a decent 2f ignition curve, and even fewer share it. Not sure why.
20171018_180203.jpg

20171023_191934.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom