BJ42 LX (Ruby) Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well time to start a file to share for my BJ42 LX rebuild. I have started to pull a few of the panels off already and preparing them for painting. Roof has come off and has been sanded down. Just ordered a new headliner, rain gutter and windshield cap from CCOT so that the roof can be completed.
IMG_3459.JPG
IMG_3460.JPG
IMG_3474.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

Hi Ken,
Looking forward to thread, see you are mounting the double spare?

Hi Ken,
Looking forward to thread, see you are mounting the double spare?

Yeah mate had them on for a while now and they work well. Toyota should have done this from factory.

Cleaned up the old school bull bar today among other things.
Bull Bar.JPG

OK been a while since I was here so here is the latest update. Diff have been taken down to Terrain Tamer in Cairns and have had a full rebuild from end to end and inside out. They have been fitted with E-Lockers front and rear. Terrain Tamer suspension kit has been ordered and will pick up the whole lot soon. Tub and chassis have been sandblasted and chassis has been coated with a coat of KBS. I am currently working away for a few months so wont be able to do much of the work myself which is why I am going to sent all the panels out for someone else to respray that way when I get back from out bush I wont be a month or so behind to get the paint work done. I am hoping that Ruby will be back on the road by xmas.
chassis.jpg

Been a while since I posted on here so here is the latest update. Diff have been fully rebuilt by Terrain Tamer in Cairns and fitted with front and rear E-Lockers. Terrain Tamer suspension kit has been collected and I have put the springs in place just so they wouldn't be lying around. The gearbox and transfer case has been dropped off to Terrain Tamer for a rebuild and the 13B-T should be delivered in the next week or so.
Diff.jpg
Diff2.jpg
Diff3.jpg

Rims have been painted and diffs have come back. I now have a rolling chassis.

Yeah they are Fujitsu.

A bit more work over the last couple of days. Brake lines are fitted again and a few extra bits and pieces cleaned up and fitted. Hopefully the engine should be here tomorrow.
IMG_3750.JPG
IMG_3751.JPG
IMG_3752.JPG

Looks great Ken, never noticed the vents before?

Got the gearbox and steering back from Terrain Tamer in Cairns on Saturday. All fitted up and ready for the engine.
Gearbox.jpg
Gearbox2.jpg
Steering.jpg

Aren’t you lucky to have one of those rare 40 series 5 speed top loaders. I was very lucky and found one within a week of searching from a man in Adelaide.

Got some new gear delivered today all the way from the USA. Just got to get the body finished so that I can mount it on the chassis.
IMG_3795.JPG
IMG_3796.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom