What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (94 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where are those engineered to mount?

On the 80 they will bolt in where the lower gas strut mount on the body.

J

80 Mount.jpg

Got my weekend srarted with a call from my youngest. First breakdown of an 80 for me, except it wasn't broken just out of gas! "I thought I could make it!, the light only came on yesterday"o_O. All good, got to see her before school which I usually don't cause I leave too early, got to rock out some of the new Foo Fighters album loud as h*ll on the drive, saw a killer sunrise, and got out of the shop for a minute which is just south of 100° at 7:30 a.m! Whoo hoo, Friday!!
20170922_072921.jpg

What are the tie down rails in these pictures? They look adjustable...

The rails are l-track from US Cargo control. End caps I make and are on the website. The rails themselves are bolted down, they need to be. Its just the l-track clips that are adjustable.

Sick and tired of my outdated scion radio and blown stock speakers, I got a refurbished Kenwood excellon Bluetooth deck and pioneer speakers for the old wagon.
Got the pocket under the deck but now there are gaps from my dremel work to fit the scion radio... oh well. Pics or it didn't happen.
IMG_3967.JPG

IMG_3959.JPG
I had to go outside of the door panel since the speakers were not a "direct fit"... they look and sound amazing.
IMG_3958.JPG

Notice how much cone is missing from the old speakers.
IMG_3962.JPG
IMG_3960.JPG
Way more noise than I need hauling the chillens around and bumping around in the hills.

Haha. My 92 doesn't have a spec of rust on it either and has seen 22 Iowa/Indiana winters. I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning the undercarriage. Just a smidge...

Would love to know your process as I’m moving to the rust belt in short order.

Would love to know your process as I’m moving to the rust belt in short order.

Simple. Dilution is the solution to pollution. In other words: Wash a lot, frequently. For years I would lay underneath my 92 in fisherman's rain gear with goggles on and pressure wash (lightly) underneath. I would use warm, not hot, water. The past two years I've used two oscillating sprinklers that I "t"d together. They sit about about 4' apart from each other. I set them under my 80 and I turn on the sprinklers and let them spray back and forth for about 15 minutes. I start with one sprinkler at the front bumper and the other the 4' back. Then I move them 15 minutes later and let it go for another 15 minutes. 30 minutes total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom