LX-570 Drivers Seat Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I was hoping for some input on "easy" options to upgrade the drivers seats in my 2011 LX570? My wife loves the seats, but the lumbar support kills my lower back after 30 minutes of driving. This has really limited the use of the LX for me for the past few years and I want to have the option to drive the rig. My FZJ80 is great, but for towing I need to use of the LX.

I would love to install seats like those in my AMG E63. But I also be happy with the seats from a RR at this point.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have already tried various back pillows and seat cushions but it still results in back pain.

Has anyone replaced their stock seats with aftermarket? Sorry for the rambling, but I want to resolve this otherwise I will be selling the LX.

Thanks...

Does the LX have airbags in the seats? I know on newer cars it is much more difficult to change seats. When I upgraded the seats on my E46 BMW (3 series 1999-2007) I had to get a small device that emulated all of the sensors in the seats so as not to affect the airbags.

In a lot of newer cars, if the sensors in teh seats do not detect a person, the airbag will not deploy. This is to cut costs down on repairs as airbags can be more than $1K each.

I would think the only seat that could work would be a seat from another Toyota/Lexus. I would start by going to a Lexus dealership and trying the seats in the different models. Custom brackets will have to be made, but you might get lucky with the electronics.

My seats have airbags and that will likely complicate any solution. I am looking at the RECARO - Ergomed ES Seat in black leather and it is over $3k prior to getting the required custom mounts (not sure if they can even be fabricated, and the dealers of the seats seem uninterested).

I am considering selling the LX and buying a used MB G55. I would only consider the 2005-2008 as they retain the 7k lb. tow capacity. Trading the reliability of the 200 Series for a MB platform seems like a costly move.

The seats in FZJ80 are fine on by back for 300+ mile outings, but even if I install a supercharger, the Cruiser will be pushed too hard when towing my restored 25ft Airstream.

A pickup is not an option as my wife will not drive one of these options. Plus I need a need a highly dependable vehicle for her when she travels for work.

Driving myself crazy looking for a good option.

Have been having the exact same problem recently with the driver seat in my LX. Don't have a solution for you for a different seat, but I used the seat control to extend the bottom of the seat forward and then tilted the front of the seat up slightly so like sitting in a bucket. Felt awkward at first, but no more lower back pain.

Have been having the exact same problem recently with the driver seat in my LX. Don't have a solution for you for a different seat, but I used the seat control to extend the bottom of the seat forward and then tilted the front of the seat up slightly so like sitting in a bucket. Felt awkward at first, but no more lower back pain.

Thanks for the tip, but that seat setup is the only thing that can even get me 30 minutes in the LX. I had lower spinal fusion surgery a few years ago (a lifetime of hardcore choices caught up with me) and this probably stops my lower back from conforming to the seat. The lumbar seems too high on the seat in the LX.

Funny thing is my back is fine in the FZJ80, '69 Citroen DS21, '51 Chevy Pickup, and even coil over suspension setups in my old school air-cooled 911s.

There might be a one owner White/Black 2011 LX570 with all the options entering the classified area if I cannot find a solution.

:bang:

Have you ridden in a G55? My roommate in college had a G500 (I think it was a 2005 ish). While I think it looked great and was very capable off-road, it might have been the most uncomfortable vehicle i have ever been in. The Hummer H1 gives it a run for the money in terms of comfort.

It was a rough ride with a very noisy interior.

My seats have airbags and that will likely complicate any solution. I am looking at the RECARO - Ergomed ES Seat in black leather and it is over $3k prior to getting the required custom mounts (not sure if they can even be fabricated, and the dealers of the seats seem uninterested).

I am considering selling the LX and buying a used MB G55. I would only consider the 2005-2008 as they retain the 7k lb. tow capacity. Trading the reliability of the 200 Series for a MB platform seems like a costly move.

The seats in FZJ80 are fine on by back for 300+ mile outings, but even if I install a supercharger, the Cruiser will be pushed too hard when towing my restored 25ft Airstream.

A pickup is not an option as my wife will not drive one of these options. Plus I need a need a highly dependable vehicle for her when she travels for work.

Driving myself crazy looking for a good option.

I can come up with something for you... Recaro Sport model seats are in my Tundra, and I do have plans to install some form of Recaro in my wife's 09 200. The bracket for the Tundra should be nearly the same as the 200. As of yet, I have not dealt with the airbag issue, but it shouldn't be terribly difficult.

Recaro Sport, covered in stock SR5 Tundra fabric.

recaroseat.jpg

Have you ridden in a G55? My roommate in college had a G500 (I think it was a 2005 ish). While I think it looked great and was very capable off-road, it might have been the most uncomfortable vehicle i have ever been in. The Hummer H1 gives it a run for the money in terms of comfort.

It was a rough ride with a very noisy interior.

I have the G55 on my radar and will move forward on a test drive to see if this option is even viable.

I already have owned the RR and RR sport. Loved the look and interior, but the vehicles are not reliable. Add the fact that even the dealership employees admit that they would never own one outside of warranty was enough for me to jump ship.

This is a very frustrating situation. I think my FZJ80 seats would look out of place in the LX :confused:

^^^ damn, that looks really good Bjowett!!!

I can come up with something for you... Recaro Sport model seats are in my Tundra, and I do have plans to install some form of Recaro in my wife's 09 200. The bracket for the Tundra should be nearly the same as the 200. As of yet, I have not dealt with the airbag issue, but it shouldn't be terribly difficult.

Recaro Sport, covered in stock SR5 Tundra fabric.

recaroseat.jpg

You are the man! Any idea on mounting RECARO - Ergomed ES Seats? I understand these are the seats of all seats.

If I can get the seat discomfort in check, I can start a build on this rig and turn the MB E63 over to the wife. I hope I am not coming across as a whining JA. I have a high pain threshold and the LX seat hits my spinal nerve in such a way that I will simply recline the seat enough so as to avoid contact with my back. Good abdominal workout, but makes for a crappy drive.

Hope this could be a solution :beer:

The Ergomed ES should take the same mount as the other Recaro seats.

You are not whining. Due to a mountain bike crash some years back, I had a herniated disc, the seat in my S4 was pure torture.

There's almost always a solution!

Hey Techsis! Funny seeing you here.

I don't have any comfort issues with my LX. In fact I have driven it to Colorado 3X this year. Love it and it tows pretty well too.

We also have a G500. I wouldn't say those seats are that all that great. And I have never taken it on a road trip.

You are welcome to drive my G500 if it will help you determine the comfort.

Let's get together sometime soon.

I don't have any comfort issues with my LX. In fact I have driven it to Colorado 3X this year. Love it and it tows pretty well too.

We also have a G500. I wouldn't say those seats are that all that great. And I have never taken it on a road trip.

Hey Texas993,

Our similiar taste in vehicles is rather uncanny. Do you happen to know if the seats in the G500 are the same as the G55? In many MB they upgrade to a AMG based seat… the seats in my E63 AMG are simply fantastic. The seats in my FZJ80, P-cars, '51 Chevy, '69 Citroen, tractor, lawn mower and even 4 wheeler are heaven for my back compared to 30 minutes in the LX.

We definitely need to get together sometime soon. Did you have an MB GL at one point?

Cheers & good to see you over here…

John

BTW, I saw you dumped your RR. I did the same with both of mine prior to exiting the factory warranty.

I have put Sparco, Kirkey, Recaro and others into track, daily driver and off-road vehicles I have owned. However, if I had a fairly new 570 I would go see my upholstery guy who does show cars and have him disassemble the stock seat, modify it to suit me by moving the bladders or whatever, and then put it back together. If you intend to build a race truck (which would baffle me) then the stock seats have to go. But if air bags and resale enter into it, I could consider a professional mod. Finding the right guy to do the work is the key.

I was hoping for some input on "easy" options to upgrade the drivers seats in my 2011 LX570? My wife loves the seats, but the lumbar support kills my lower back after 30 minutes of driving.

I've had my 2011 LX570 for three months and the seat is really uncomfortable. I don't have back problems in other vehicles, but my lower back gets tight/sore after a few minutes of driving. My FJ62 and LX450 were more comfortable; zero issues. The LX570 has a ton of adjustments, but I just can't find a setting that works. I'm short at 5'6" (175lbs) and, overall, the seat feels big; the side bolstering doesn't support me and I have to brace a little around corners. I think the main issue is the height of the lumbar support; it's too high on my back. There is an air gap at the bottom of my spine.

I've found a remedy that makes the seat bearable and gives additional side-to-side support. It's worked well for the past month. The product is the Therm-a-rest Lumbar Pillow ($30 from Amazon). It's a bummer to have to add this to a $90K vehicle, but it works. Every time I get in, I have to adjust it, so I'm trying to figure out a way to keep it in one spot with straps, a cover or something similar. With the pillow, I extend the the under-thigh support (behind the knees) to make the seat deeper/longer.

8.JPG

Here are some of the other iterations that didn't work:

"LoveHome Car Lumber Support Pill and Car Headrest Neck Pillow Kit" ($40 from Amazon). It was too thick and didn't have the correct support.

4.JPG

Original McKenzie lumbar roll ($20 from Amazon). Too big in diameter. Felt weird. Flopped down and required adjustment.

7.JPG

Tried the "Slimline McKenzie Lumbar Support" ($27 on Amazon), but that didn't fill the seat gap correctly no matter what height it was positioned.

6.JPG

"Go Lumbar Support" ($15 from Amazon). This was nice because it stayed in once place, so I didn't have adjust it every time I slid into the seat, but the lumbar height was too high.

5.JPG

I also tried four different towels (rolled, folded, etc.) and even a short section of pool noodle.

Any one else have a solution? At some point, I may go to a professional upholsterer to have it modified.

@bjowett , any progress on putting the lexus isf seat in the 200?

Hello,

I was hoping for some input on "easy" options to upgrade the drivers seats in my 2011 LX570? My wife loves the seats, but the lumbar support kills my lower back after 30 minutes of driving. This has really limited the use of the LX for me for the past few years and I want to have the option to drive the rig. My FZJ80 is great, but for towing I need to use of the LX.

I would love to install seats like those in my AMG E63. But I also be happy with the seats from a RR at this point.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have already tried various back pillows and seat cushions but it still results in back pain.

Has anyone replaced their stock seats with aftermarket? Sorry for the rambling, but I want to resolve this otherwise I will be selling the LX.

Thanks...
Do yoga brah and all your back pain will go away.

Hello,

Thanks...
In my FJ80 that I sold I had Scheel-man seats which were amazing for long distance driving. Also instead of getting the G55, why not put a V8 LS motor by a professional in your FJ80 and tow like a champ :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom