Sold my FZJ80 and got a GX today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the GX to a dirt field this morning and got the CDL to finally work! Looks like I'm clear to start building this now!

I need help clearing the Airbag light on the dashboard. I'm not interested in paying the dealer 2500 to fix some Airbag issue. Anyone know how to clear it other than taking out the instrument cluster and removing the bulb?

Which airbag light?

IMG_7236.JPG

I need help clearing the Airbag light on the dashboard. I'm not interested in paying the dealer 2500 to fix some Airbag issue. Anyone know how to clear it other than taking out the instrument cluster and removing the bulb?

have you had the recall done?

I haven't. I just bought the GX a few days ago. Should I drop by the dealership?
I would say yes, but they might tell you that since the light is on, that you should drive it. maybe just call and find out about it.

View attachment 1539674I have bilstien 5100's with stock 4th gen 4runner springs in rear. So happy with this setup, it's great on washboards and they give you extra travel over stock. For the price it's a great value.

i pulled out the airbags, had the Southern Style Speed adapter put in with 5100s and FJ springs front and rear. Now it feels like the OEM 5th gen 4runner did--bouncy, and like i'm close to bottoming out on the rear every time i hit a bump. I don't know what other choices are out there to stay near stock height other than OEM Toyota springs.

The Toytec Bilstien lift kit is what I'm leaning towards right now. I need a smooth suspension.

I would be more concerned with resolving the fault than simply eliminating the light - airbags are there for a reason! I bought a ~$20 Techstream cable from Amazon and use that. You can view all codes (more than just OBDII) that way.

I haven't. I just bought the GX a few days ago. Should I drop by the dealership?

Call first and tell them you haven't had the recall. Then they can order the parts and schedule an appointment. It only takes a couple of hours. The dealership will give you a free loaner and should fill up your tank for you when they get done.

According to the dealer there's no recall for my Airbag issue. I ordered the Techstream for further diagnosis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom