Tundra Rims (complete how-to) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm so confused! I know these are a popular swap. Have others run into figment issues?

After having a tire store tell me that there was a gap between my wheel and the wheel mounting surface at all 4 corners, I was concerned. I went in for an alignment and complained of the front tires having a shudder at certain speeds. I had the wheels/tires mounted last weekend off the vehicle, and I bolted them up. I still have the factory 16" takeoffs, so I bolted both up and compared. I really could not tell much difference, other than the wheels are different styles. I have some pics of both sets of tire/wheels mounted in the front. Let me know if anyone has any feedback or can spot an issue. I made sure all the lugs were tight and none of the wheels had any play or movement.

18" Tundra Wheels mounted to Passenger Front hub

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

Last edited:
16" factory LX470 wheels mounted to driver front

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

Also checked stock 100series lug nut thickness and depth. Appears to be fine

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

And then the 18" Tundra wheel mounted to drivers front

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

Doesn't look like there is a gap, the black area just seems to be the hub shadow. Can you slide a thin paper between the hub and rim flanges? If so you have a gap, if not, you should be all good

Will do. Took it to my normal shop today and they think it is ok, said I could do a wheel spacer for peace of mind. The cutout in the wheel is very tight when mounted. The perceived gap is due to the taper of the wheel. They used marking compound to check proper mating of two surfaces and all was good.

Sounds like you never had an issue, just the shop thinking they were not seating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom