2018s are landing on dealer lots. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been checking nation wide for 2018s without the rear entertainment screens for the past few weeks.
They are finally staring to hit the lots now.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searc...levance&stkTypId=28880&yrId=35797618&zc=67212

Here is one without the rear screens so many have complained about myself included .

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/713449576/overview/

68924bc803eb41aaf8ca50ebd3b.jpg

3378ec8a9dfebf10963a7ee45b8.jpg

That's so much better. Looks like I'll be searching for a used '18+ in my future!

I wonder if the nav/entertainment system is still the same? If so if you still wanted rear entertainment you could opt for some aftermarket headsets with screens embedded in them and tie them into the existing system.

Personally I'd rather use ipads than the rear entertainment system, but my kids are getting old enough now.

I took delivery of my 2018 200 without rear seat entertainment on the 9th of September. It was the first retail delivery in the US of a 2018 Land Cruiser. I love it. I hated the rear screens, that is the reason I would not purchase a 2016 or 2017.
This is my 6th Land Cruiser. Yes, it is an obsession!

IMG_8547.jpg

IMG_8549.jpg

THANK YOU!!!! TOYODA!!!!

With all the "hatred" of the 16/17 transmission and rear screens on this forum, I wonder how bad my resale will be trade time next year . Will be interesting

Anybody figure out if the seat parts can be swapped into a '16 or '17 yet?

They are completely different seats. They don't have the holes and wiring in them as there is no cover or plate over where the hole would be for the screens.

A friend of mine has a 17 LX 570. His wife was saying to me how she hates the rear screens on the headrests, makes them excessively big and intrusive. She prefers the flip down screen on my 09. Methinks she may be beating her spouse for not waiting on the 18....

Methinks she may be beating her spouse for not waiting on the 18....
First world problems

My wife's 17 LX is getting traded in December for the 2018

She is getting
Nightfall mica
Cabernet leather with espresso wood trim
HUD
Cool box
Luxury package
And dual screens

My 16LC getting traded on 18 with no screens

Rats, I bought a year too early. The Toyota tablet mounts work great on the seat headrests when the screens are removed and are a perfect fit for any size iPad. Now I just have to make nice screen hole covers.

A friend of mine has a 17 LX 570. His wife was saying to me how she hates the rear screens on the headrests, makes them excessively big and intrusive. She prefers the flip down screen on my 09. Methinks she may be beating her spouse for not waiting on the 18....

Actually, the stupid screens are and have been technically an option for the LX... a 2,000 dollar one. It's just that LXs are ordered either with no factory options or with everything (ML, Coolbox, Pimp my ride, etc).

Actually, the stupid screens are and have been technically an option for the LX... a 2,000 dollar one. It's just that LXs are ordered either with no factory options or with everything (ML, Coolbox, Pimp my ride, etc).
You hating on my PIMP my ride SUV ? :D

Yes. :D Any vehicle built with this feature should have had detachable screens, so that you could remove them when not in use.

Even when it is integrated into the headrest, I still hate this feature.

Yes. :D Any vehicle built with this feature should have had detachable screens, so that you could remove them when not in use.

Even when it is integrated into the headrest, I still hate this feature.
Hate the features. Not the vehicle :)

They are completely different seats. They don't have the holes and wiring in them as there is no cover or plate over where the hole would be for the screens.

I'm waiting for the 2018 parts to show up online before I pass judgement. The leather cover is a separate part so it may be possible to pull the leather off the top portion of the seats, glue some foam into the cutout for the screen, then recover the seat with the 2018 cover. The issue is that the covers for the 2016/17 are $825/ea so you're looking at $2000+ to erase the screens. If you want new 2018 headrests that aren't cutdown to make room for the screens you're looking at another $1100.

First world problems

My wife's 17 LX is getting traded in December for the 2018

She is getting
Nightfall mica
Cabernet leather with espresso wood trim
HUD
Cool box
Luxury package
And dual screens

My 16LC getting traded on 18 with no screens

I traded my 2017 LX 570 with 3,500 miles for my 2018 Land Cruiser. It was Atomic Silver, Cabernet interior, and no rear screens (no cool box either). Traded it into Earnhardt Toyota in Mesa, Arizona. They might still have it if you want to call them. Just a thought.

I traded my 2017 LX 570 with 3,500 miles for my 2018 Land Cruiser. It was Atomic Silver, Cabernet interior, and no rear screens (no cool box either). Traded it into Earnhardt Toyota in Mesa, Arizona. They might still have it if you want to call them. Just a thought.
Why would I call them? We already have a 17 thats a year old. We will be trading just like you traded yours :)
cool box and the rear screens are requirement for the mrs so your LX doesn't have the options she already has ;)

My wife is trading her 17LX for a 18 LX
and I am trading my 16LC for an 18 LC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom