New to 100 series forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to introduce myself. Picked up my first LC today and I think I found a good one.
Black 2004 with only 66k miles
Bought, serviced on schedule and traded in all at the same dealer in TN (to purchase a new one). TN and FL driven for all its life.
Does have the DVD and 5 speed transmission but does not have the AHC which I am thankful for as I will likely just replace the suspension at some point anyway.
Completely stock (for now)

Very thankful for all the helpful reading I did on the forums prior to purchasing.

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Immediate plans:
-remove running boards and rear spoiler
-probably tires, seems from reading on MUD that I could fit 33's with no mods
Long term:
-lift
-roof top tent for the family
-eventually bumpers, sliders, etc

Thanks again.

IMG_5399.jpg

Great purchase. Think I saw this at Cool Springs Toyota when we made a pit stop in Franklin. Great find - forget the price, you won't even remember it in a year or two!

Congrats! Looks like an amazing deal. What was the price if you don't mind my asking? I'm guessing $26-28k.

Also, plans for the spoiler? If not, I'd take it off your hands.

Well if we were playing The Price is Right there wouldn't be any winner's yet...
$19,700 + taxes/registration
I'm sure they could have listed it for over $25k and sold it in a week. Fortunately I called early.
Interior has some wear from the previous owners dog, but mechanically is perfect. The CarFax is literally 4 pages of scheduled maintenance at that dealer including all the big maintenance jobs and the 65k service two weeks before she traded it in.
Should last me the next 20+ year of adventures with my family (kids currently 5 and 8)

Nice find, welcome to Mud.

Looks great, congrats!

19.7 is a FANTASTIC price. SUPER jealous over here. They could have EASILY sold that for 25 or more.

There was a dealer here in Austin that sold a white 05 with 63k on the clock for.........$13k. It was in perfect condition. They got 40 offers in the first hour of being on CarGurus. First caller paid by check over the phone less than 5 minutes after it appeared online. Dealer had NO idea what they had. Sales guy at the dealership said the manager was POd when he found out how little they sold it for. Said that within a week a very nice enclosed truck picked up the LC. Driver told them it was on it's way to port in Houston and was being shipped to Qatar.

19.7 is a FANTASTIC price. SUPER jealous over here. They could have EASILY sold that for 25 or more.

There was a dealer here in Austin that sold a white 05 with 63k on the clock for.........$13k. It was in perfect condition. They got 40 offers in the first hour of being on CarGurus. First caller paid by check over the phone less than 5 minutes after it appeared online. Dealer had NO idea what they had. Sales guy at the dealership said the manager was POd when he found out how little they sold it for. Said that within a week a very nice enclosed truck picked up the LC. Driver told them it was on it's way to port in Houston and was being shipped to Qatar.

Yeah, I bet that dealer was PO'd.
I passed on a similar one (2006) with 60k miles in PA that sold $27k.

I have a good friend that is a dealer/buyer. He has a Dodge/Jeep dealership, but goes to auction regularly. He said 100 series are very hard to find because they are all bought up and shipped overseas. I looked for months, but recently pulled the trigger on a 98 LX that I found out about before it was listed. Mint condition with the front end completely rebuilt, brake MC replaced, steering rack, timing chain all done in the last 10 months. It was also non-nav which is what I was after, owner had already added an aftermarket stereo with XM, backup cam, etc. They are out there, just be patient!

Congrats! Looks like a twin of mine except yours has half the mileage :) AHC wasn't available on LC's until '06-'07 so you were always in the clear. Highly, highly recommend 1.25" bora spacers and BFG K02 275/70/18's - it will completely transform the look and capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom