What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My OEM Lexus battery died without notice so I installed an Interstate MTP-27F. Fortunately the tire store down the street had one in stock. I called Costco first and they said they don't carry a 27F and are unable to order one. I thought that was strange.

View attachment 1539304

When I called Costco last year for a 27F, IIRC they told me for my car (98-02) I need a 24F. They also said they don't carry and cannot order the 27F.

Pics of the Bi-xenon projectors.

36502785713_deec572420_b.jpg

36918709880_19f1aa160a_b.jpg

I can see the road clearly now! Can't wait to offroad at night with these, it lights up entire road.

Huge job this weekend... not sure how I finished it lol

20170916_152558.jpg

20170916_152650.jpg

Contrary to popular demand , I Installed a K&N intake kit! sounds really good when accelerating and feels like it has just a little more pep in it's step! Says I get 8.5 HP gain. Worth it? Probably not for most people, but I'm happy with it. I kept my stock parts incase ineed them in the future to make my snorkel functional.

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2728.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG

Got around to some small things I've been meaning to install:
KNdCFMC.jpg

ykeXC9A.jpg

d6KpZwg.jpg

Cabin air filters. All that stuff on the floormat came out when I pulled out the old filters.

zpNNkQb.jpg

PFran LEDs. Love em

GIvNyOc.jpg

Trail Tailor recovery points. Super beefy with a quality powdercoat.

N2k060h.jpg

k3nV0Yw.jpg

Picked up some beadlocks
PnSs1bj.jpg

And went on a little drive

Well, I found the culprit of the "bad" smell originating from under my cruiser. Had to remove the skid plates to get to the little varmint.

IMG_6051.JPG

KNdCFMC.jpg

ykeXC9A.jpg

d6KpZwg.jpg

Cabin air filters. All that stuff on the floormat came out when I pulled out the old filters.

zpNNkQb.jpg

PFran LEDs. Love em

GIvNyOc.jpg

N2k060h.jpg

k3nV0Yw.jpg

Picked up some beadlocks
PnSs1bj.jpg

Nice wheels bro!

@ikarus ... super jealous of the landscapes you get to see out there. Here in TX, we have so little in the way of open public lands that can be explored. Everything here is owned privately. We have to go 10 hours out to Big Bend or 12 + hours to Colorado/Northern New Mexico to find open public lands to roam. Keep posting the pics as most of us have to live vicariously through them :)

Pics of the Bi-xenon projectors.

36502785713_deec572420_b.jpg

36918709880_19f1aa160a_b.jpg

I can see the road clearly now! Can't wait to offroad at night with these, it lights up entire road.

If your buddy can build these, Ill pay for a set without question. They look amazing!

Nice wheels bro!

Thanks dude! I've been wanting to get a set for a while now. Used to run trails at 10 psi in my Tacoma, excited to go even lower.

@ikarus ... super jealous of the landscapes you get to see out there. Here in TX, we have so little in the way of open public lands that can be explored. Everything here is owned privately. We have to go 10 hours out to Big Bend or 12 + hours to Colorado/Northern New Mexico to find open public lands to roam. Keep posting the pics as most of us have to live vicariously through them :)

Yeah for sure. I grew up in New Orleans and also spent a lot of time in Texas hunting. It's not a problem when you know land owners, but if you don't, man that sucks. I'll be staying in the west, I feel real lucky.

Here's a few places my cruiser has taken me this summer, all 2-4 hours from my house
T1uY7NM.jpg

YNGXK0Z.jpg

0KyvtqE.jpg

GNH6vwD.jpg

WVanp5H.jpg

zULzgFw.jpg

J0jkchm.jpg

KNdCFMC.jpg

ykeXC9A.jpg

d6KpZwg.jpg

zpNNkQb.jpg

PFran LEDs. Love em

GIvNyOc.jpg

N2k060h.jpg

k3nV0Yw.jpg

Picked up some beadlocks
PnSs1bj.jpg

Damn! I've been wanting a set of those hutchinson bead locks! They're bad ass. Congrats! Where did you find them?

Contrary to popular demand , I Installed a K&N intake kit! sounds really good when accelerating and feels like it has just a little more pep in it's step! Says I get 8.5 HP gain. Worth it? Probably not for most people, but I'm happy with it. I kept my stock parts incase ineed them in the future to make my snorkel functional.

View attachment 1539685

View attachment 1539686

View attachment 1539687

View attachment 1539688
Those are actually pretty good numbers, as a rule of thumb I always subtract 25% driveline loss in AWD vehicles, but that's a lot less.

I had to drive from Cincinnati to eastern WV last Sunday, so I did a few items to get ready for the trip. I changed the oil and and air filter, lubed the driveshaft, and replaced the bushings on my steering rack with Whiteline poly bushings. HUGE difference!!!

Then...

My ABS/Brake light come on, I heard the evil buzzing sound, and the brake pedal went to the floor. This all happened in Wheeling, WV while driving from Cincinnati to eastern WV (just west of D.C).

The two "OH CRAP" MOMENTS I had were when the pedal went to the floor, and when I looked up the cost of a replacement pump assembly.

Guess I should have looked at the brakes while I was in there :bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom