What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0220.JPG
Finally got my tough dog 2" installed with new 315 bfg. If you guys with stock suspensions are on the fence jump off and get ahold of Jason. His customer service and product are top notch! My 97 lx rides like a dream!

Last edited:
@92LXAZ

How do you like the Dobinsons suspension?

Like it a lot. Haven't gotten out anywhere to test it offroad so no worth while opinions from that stand point. Instantly felt more solid and felt more controlled compared the previous setup I had. The gas shocks are on the firm side but I DD with no added weight outside of a rear bumper. My tires do have good tread but also have almost 40k miles on them so that will affect the feel of the road and road manners. Can't wait to get new tires as I know that will help. I can see me going to their res shocks sometime down the road but for the price and the immediate need I had they are fine. Sorry not too technical, not too well versed in techy suspension chatter.

Put the new Cruiser to work for the first time. Neighbor had some downed trees and offered me the wood so we hooked up the hillbilly trailer and picked it up. Forgot to take a pic of it hooked up, but this is the end result.

Last edited:
Took the rig to the trail head and spent the night there, the next morning I backpacked to the top of the pine valley mountains and stayed another night.

20170917_103518.jpg

20170916_192753.jpg

20170916_071635.jpg

Simple but effective mod! To replace that useless Cubby Hole. Genuine Toyota Cup holder!

one of the reasons I chose this 80 over another very similar one is the cup holder was already installed.

So assistance needed for a rookie, should I just try tighten bolts a little bit and clean off to see what happens or do I need to replace something?

20170917_211322.jpg

I can get better pic later if needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom